quad axle dump

We did it on the rd tri I drove for Gulino and gained a ton in New York when he applied for his overweight permit. I always think the 385's look small on the front. The only problem we had it rubbed on the edge of the steering arm coming out of the box. I guess there are spacers you can put in.

Destiny delivers gravel from grayson ky to huntington wv mostly. They deliver gravel, sand etc to asphalt plants in this area. I have the same truck 2005 granite CV713 but mine is teal greenish blue. It has a 427hp engine and 8LL, has about 80000 more miles. I plan on listing it soon..im losing a haul and selling 5 trucks and keeping 2 for asphalt. I am going to list it for $45K its a quad and has an 18ft bed also. Mine has the 425/65/22.5 steers, but does not have aluminum drives, all of mine cracked here and there and i replaced with steel. Mine has the bigger engine and 8LL as well. Mine isnt polished, it works every day..has a new donovan flip tarp. Ive had it for 3 years, it has a new cam, power divider and trans rebuilt, new turbo, new radiator. Been a good truck, hate to sell it. If it dont sell im going to redo the rims and chrome it out this winter and find a haul for it locally.

PM me if interested.

The 04 I had came with 385's and I went to 425's, they were $100 more a piece but I figured they would help out on ther weight off road, they actually were really close on wear and I couldnt tell a difference in the floatation in soft ground between the two. I am all for having more tire than you need but there are a lot of guys here running 11R24.5's on the steers with 18 and 20k axles and on a triaxle running 74000 when you lift the tag your putting about 20000 on the steer, at least thats what mine carried when I weighed it axle by axle.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

CT requires the tires be more than so many inches wide but the 385s are ok if you have to but we put 425s on as soon as the 385s wore off on our tri-axle. 385s are too dangerous for the weight they carry.

Too dangerous? They hauled 80,000 on tandems with 11and 12r24's in NY for years that's way over, and there are several here on 11r22/24's running 74k. I agree its better to have the capacity but even on 425's your over with your tag axle up the way most guys load toward the front of the bed.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

When you do your formulas for the over weight permit for New York you give them all of the info for the truck: length,wheel size, distance between centers of wheels, axles etc. Then they tell you what you are allowed to carry. That's why I was saying with the 425's they give you a little bit more as far as your permit. Just a perspective from up by us.

Rob

all truck tires that I know of have the weight rating stamp on them for 55 to 65 mph. the weight rating increases as speed decreases. used to ha e the chart for Bridgestone. don't know what I did with it. never dreamed I would need it. air pressure also changes weight rating. if you have an underinflated 425 dot can give you a ticket for being overweight on that tire. If you are in the quarry with you tags raised, you will most likely be over on you front axle before the weight rating on you tires at 25mph.

Too dangerous? They hauled 80,000 on tandems with 11and 12r24's in NY for years that's way over, and there are several here on 11r22/24's running 74k. I agree its better to have the capacity but even on 425's your over with your tag axle up the way most guys load toward the front of the bed.

Yeah but 24"s are different. All the tri-axles that roll over up here from blown front tires are running 385s. they are good if your paving or stock piling stone for plants and stuff like that but they cant handle going off road and then going down the highway at 65+ with a GW of 76500

Matt

I have tried to think, I dont think I have ever had a steer tire blow on any truck, I had an 11R24.5 go down fast on me cause I picked up a bolt on the interstate, but I have run everything from 11R22.5's up to 425's and 11R24.5's on the steer of a dump and never had one go bad hauling 74000+ on triaxles. I guess the big thing is what are you willing to do yourself cause everybody is different, I know a lot of guys never even check their tires till one is flat but I have a pretty serious habit of putting a guage on all mine at least once a week and ill play with my tire pressure constantly trying to get more even wear of better traction/stability( I have a little issure with OCD).

OCD is ok. I hit a wheelbarrow on Rt 280 in Newark loaded with 18 yds of topsoil in the 99 RD tandem with big rubber doing 70 miles per hour. Job was by the load going from West Orange to Elizabeth for the Jersey Gardens outlet mall being built at the time. I was in the slow lane just crossed over Rt 21 and was trying to figure out what was in the road.It was on me quick thank god just the front tire and no damage to truck. Was an interesting conversation to Leslie that day.

Rob

OCD is ok. I hit a wheelbarrow on Rt 280 in Newark loaded with 18 yds of topsoil in the 99 RD tandem with big rubber doing 70 miles per hour. Job was by the load going from West Orange to Elizabeth for the Jersey Gardens outlet mall being built at the time. I was in the slow lane just crossed over Rt 21 and was trying to figure out what was in the road.It was on me quick thank god just the front tire and no damage to truck. Was an interesting conversation to Leslie that day.

Rob

Damn!! Worst thing ive hit was a trash can and some deer and a toyota tacoma. The can was just funny cuase i drug a plastic trash can for about 10 miles lol. Hit some deer, one was during hunting season ( didnt even have to go in the woods that year). Also hit a 08 toyota tacoma at about 45mph after he stopped on the interstate, lucky i was in my 1 ton dump at the time