Winchester, Va. ATHS show

other dog

I'm a pretty strong maybe; have never been before. I'd be taking my daily driver there. I have never been to this show - I would likely be tent camping. Anyone know how that scene is?

I have another obligation up there (near Harrisonburg) the weekend before, so I'll have to see how it all works out.

I'm a pretty strong maybe; have never been before. I'd be taking my daily driver there. I have never been to this show - I would likely be tent camping. Anyone know how that scene is?

I have another obligation up there (near Harrisonburg) the weekend before, so I'll have to see how it all works out.

too bad it's not the same weekend, you'd almost be there! I haven't been since '06, maybe '07, because i'd go to Lincolnton,N.C.in summer, and Colfax, N.C. in November. This year they moved Lincolnton to September also, so i'm going to check out Winchester again. It was a good show last time I was there, and a lot more trucks than at Lincolnton i'd say.

here's some pictures I took in '06-

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/Tom%20Blackwell-truck%20show.htm

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That is the weekend before Gerhart's show. I marked my calendar but I will say a "definite maybe". Need to be in several different places that weekend. Depends on the weather forecast and Mrs. Farmer. About 2-1/2 hours from the PA to Winchester. Decisions, decisions.

BTW, nice pics of nice trucks!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

There is plenty of room for camping but you would not have power nor water at your site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this will be the 8th year of the three day show there are showers and bathrooms on grounds power hook up for campers show has around 300 trucks each year good food venders come to the show with or with out a truck you will have a good time

Hmmm, maybe I will cancel my no-tell hotel reservations and sleep in the trailer. Do they charge to use the facilities? I see there is a $30 fee for camping (self contained).

Going to Farm Science Review in London, OH on Tuesday (17) and Wednesday (18). Hoping to find a "deal" on a Honda EU2000i generator.

Who is going to attend??? Who is planning to be at the Friday night dinner?

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I am ready to roll on Thursday morning. Let's do a BMT photo on Saturday at 12Noon. Anyone familiar with the grounds to suggest a meeting place?

I will be staying at the Stupid 8 on Millwood Pike.

BTW, never did find a generator.

Ken

I am ready to roll on Thursday morning. Let's do a BMT photo on Saturday at 12Noon. Anyone familiar with the grounds to suggest a meeting place?

my plan so far is to leave Friday, don't know what time yet. If I get there early enough i'll go look around Friday evening, then go back Saturday. If I get up there late on Friday i'll just be there early Friday morning. I've been a couple of times but it's been several years so I don't remember enough details for a meeting place.

My no. is 434-664-7847

How about we meet at truck registration at 12 noon Saturday?

Where is everyone? :) MHfred is here but have not seen any other BMT members. The weather was great on Thursday and forecast is for more nice weather on Friday and Saturday. Lots of interesting trucks (Macks and non-Macks) here already. Word is lots more will show up today. Never saw so many Dodge trucks in one spot. Fred and I will be taking pictures today and Saturday.

Ken

Where is everyone? :) MHfred is here but have not seen any other BMT members. The weather was great on Thursday and forecast is for more nice weather on Friday and Saturday. Lots of interesting trucks (Macks and non-Macks) here already. Word is lots more will show up today. Never saw so many Dodge trucks in one spot. Fred and I will be taking pictures today and Saturday.

I'm at home. Had to run another mill roll yesterday and unload in Petersburg this morning. I'll be leaving here as soon as my camera battery charges and I take a shower, see y'all tomorrow.

I'm at home. Had to run another mill roll yesterday and unload in Petersburg this morning. I'll be leaving here as soon as my camera battery charges and I take a shower, see y'all tomorrow.

MHfred and I are parked across the gravel lot (south field) from the registration tent. fxfymn arrived today with his IH fire truck (he is parked in the north field with the other fire trucks).

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

P.S. Bring some Winfall wimmin with you.... :banana:

Ken

Met the infamous "other dog" and his better half today. Attached is the BMT group photo (and once again...there was a prominant BMT member AWOL).

OD said he saw some winfall wimmin on the way to the show but did not have time to stop. :tease:

L to R: MHfred, other dog, farmer52, fxfymn, and paccarnut.

What a motley crew. Not the musical type

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Met the infamous "other dog" and his better half today. Attached is the BMT group photo (and once again...there was a prominant BMT member AWOL).

OD said he saw some winfall wimmin on the way to the show but did not have time to stop. :tease:

L to R: MHfred, other dog, farmer52, fxfymn, and paccarnut.

dammit!..you can see that mustard stain from that hot dog I ate on my Watt's Mack T shirt!

I've been trying to get this stupid computer (freightrain) to work ever since I got home! I took two hunnert and fitty some pictures, and haven't been able to process them yet! It was working fine Friday, really fast, no problems at all, shut it down when I left and haven't been able to get it to work right since I got home, everything I try to do it says "...not responding". I'm surprised I even got on here now, i've restarted it umpteen times with the same results. Maybe it'll go back to working like by magic or something now, I don't know. I'll have some pictures on ASAP.