Transmission swap R model

raybing

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Mack airshift 6 speed, that has @ 3000 miles on a complete rebuild, that was behind my E9 400. I got the line ticket just to prove to myself that Mack did this. Anyhow, it has a .62 overdrive. I would like to sell it as I'm not a 6 speed fan. Transmission is in excellent condition, comes with air operated PTO. for a married unit. If interested call 603 463 7883. My mack had 5.73 ratio with 22.5 tires and would do 78 at 2000 rpm.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

You may be right David but I am pretty sure the Mack nine speed is a .60 at least I thank they made one like that. A guy I run with had a old dm with a six speed in it and it would do about 62 mph. He swap out the six speed with a Mack nine and it would do 80 mph with the nine speed. And it still had a pretty good low hole for pulling out loaded

Hello all,

I have a Rd 600 with a T2080. 5.05 rears.

Is there a transmission with a large overdrive and more road gears. I work off road with a tree spade and pod trailer. Thanks Ray

I think that trans has one of the widest overdrives in the mack trannys.

My truck has a 5.13 ratio and a 107x six speed and 24.5 tall rubber and it will do 56 mph at 2100. Now if I had a .60 overdrive that would give me 40 percent more speed so I would be at about 20 more mph on top. So if he had let's say a 7 or 8 speed with the big overdrive even if he had a .71 over now he would gain 5 or 6 more mph on the top end

This is going back like 10 or 12 years ago. first driving job and I was heading home cruisingcornbinder 460 cummins 10 speed. I come up on an R model that surprised the hell out of me. he got on ahead of me and I got over thinking hell I'll just roll on by him. Hell. was damn near 83 when I finally got around him. Looked inside and looked to be a 2 stick six. Running every bit of 80. HAd that old bulldog just a gettin it

Hey folks, I have been working in Michigan and vacationing in Montana! Yaaa.

Anyway the splits between gears are too wide for bigger loads, even here in the flatlands of Minnesota with a pod trailer. So I was asking if a mack 18speed would work for me. I still need the lowholes. But never drive over 65mph. Thanks Ray

• 4 weeks later...

i have a 84 r with the air split 6 speed overdrive ...she'll crawl in the bottom hole and get me a ticket in the top hole . will run 80s easy. only thing is there are some big steps after first 2 gears . so used to 6 id probably end up cross eyed with an 18 speed !!!