I got donor rails from a truck that was being scraped. The inner rails are now tacked in place. Going to get everything leveled and tie the pieces together to get a rolling frame again... As promised 2 pics of the 54 packard panama super clipper...

post-2586-0-11253900-1409182424_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-91575600-1409182542_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Plan to... After about 6hrs of tweeting yanking cutting welds apart and rewelding the rails are pretty dang straight. Will post pics tomorrow.

-->Also decided to add a cross member. So another delay but I as well as my dad think 6-7ft between members was a bit to much. (Thanks for the idea dad.) lol not sure how I'd get half this stuff back together and running with out him... :-)

• 1 month later...

To many car shows, truck shows, engine shows to go to and not enuff time to spend on the toys. Also bought the 96 dodge cummins 12v 5spd above. Witch had some issues thanks to the last owner who thought you use a degree wheel to set timing on a cummins...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Trans question. Main box is stamped TRD 720 witch should be a 5 speed duplex overdrive... But It's deff a quad box. Any one know a good way of determining what gear ratio??

All B-model gear boxes are described detaily in our Wiki section.

If your case is wrong marks on it the fairest way to determine is to turn the spigot over and count the number of the final shaft revs in each gear.

Might be difficult when attached to the engine requiring to turn the box with the crank shaft together though.

There's the other way. Take off the top cover and count teeth on every gear. Than figure out what combo works in every gear and make the math. I have it done and should say that's the most correct result giving way.

If you need any advice on the math PM me.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012