Dump Truckers How Was Your Year?

MACKS

How did you guys do this year, what part of the country are you from and what do you think about next year. I'm from Long Island NY, this past year started out very slow but it picket up and turned into another good year. I hauled mostly asphalt this year and I had no problems with my 83 rd just a few flat tires. I'm not 100 percent sure about next year but it looks pretty good with a lot of road paving jobs to keep us busy. Good Luck to All.

We started out with a bang and kept pretty busy all summer long hauling asphalt down here in richmond, Indiana. Our break downs have been mild this year but I had one so called driver that destroy a clutch. We shut down for two months in the winter, so i have some time on my hands to work on my 1942 E model mack. Next year is looking pretty busy for us and were looking forward to it.

We started out with a bang and kept pretty busy all summer long hauling asphalt down here in richmond, Indiana. Our break downs have been mild this year but I had one so called driver that destroy a clutch. We shut down for two months in the winter, so i have some time on my hands to work on my 1942 E model mack. Next year is looking pretty busy for us and were looking forward to it.

we also started out slow and then got busy no really major breakdowns we do sewer and water and excavating but as far as next year i dont think it will be as good all the good hearted americans can blame the illegals for the slow down in the construction trades remember cheap labor effects all of us in the end you get what you pay for does anybody agree let me know oh ya the chicago area in illinois

Edited by briguy520

here in the Memphis , Tn area we started off slow & slowly picked up over all for us Rock, sand & dirt (in my case all the above plus mulch & demolition, brush & shred steel also) not a bad year .

this coming year lookin forward to be BACK OUT on MY OWN W/a CH or R Model :mack1: tractor truck pulling a end dump, walking floor , lowboy & grain trailer (for a buddy of mine who farms ) & also containers during the slow part of constuction & harvest season

after working for my buddies for almost 3 years (which was my granddad's foreman for 30 years in my family's excavating business) after my granddads passing & shutting the family business down after probate court made me do it (which was a 45 year old excavating co ) im ready to go back out on my own w/ my own authority AGAIN & already got the work lined up for a tractor truck ;)

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

It's great to hear from you guys, it's nice to know whats going on in other parts of the country, I hope we all make a good living next year, bulldog man good luck hope you do well, briguy 520 I hear ya on the cheap labor it's something we all have to deal with and it's gonna realy hurt us in time.

It's great to hear from you guys, it's nice to know whats going on in other parts of the country, I hope we all make a good living next year, bulldog man good luck hope you do well, briguy 520 I hear ya on the cheap labor it's something we all have to deal with and it's gonna realy hurt us in time.

thats right macks but it seems like no one really cares or maybe thats just in chicago area i lost a bid the other day by 20,000 the price diff was we are a union company and the others werent but if i ran guys that werent union the man would be all over me as to where the " foreiners " wont get hasseled its not right i hope it gets better before its too late

Started out the year with a new dispatcher that used to be the top broker at the plant. Its amazing how fast they become company men and forget about the financial diffacultys of truckin. Looked the other day while getting tax stuff ready, and am $8,000 down from last year, and that's before I added up tax reciepts. Seemed to me as if I worked just as hard as usual, but this northeast Ohio economy has definitely taken a beating. Seems to be alot of work up towards Cleveland, but there is also 1,000,000 more trucks competing for the work. :pat:

Started out the year with a new dispatcher that used to be the top broker at the plant. Its amazing how fast they become company men and forget about the financial diffacultys of truckin. Looked the other day while getting tax stuff ready, and am $8,000 down from last year, and that's before I added up tax reciepts. Seemed to me as if I worked just as hard as usual, but this northeast Ohio economy has definitely taken a beating. Seems to be alot of work up towards Cleveland, but there is also 1,000,000 more trucks competing for the work. :pat:

Seems readin thru replies in forum that things are NO different Wherever we are :).. well guys i do or should say i used to do all my own work , house cuts , building set outs and mainly landscape work an supplies , topsoil , rocks , wood chipp ect ,, but got into civil work for state govt water authority , went from bumblin around to Flat Out in space of a week !! in last coupl o weeks been trying to get my bread and butter jobs / customers happy while Water Authority work closed down for Xmas, subsequently my plans of getting R mod back on the work force has been somewhat delayed :(

Still the ol MIR battles on :) cant keep an ol Dog Down !! anyways hope u all have a Great New Year :)

P,s i,ll hafta post some new pics shortly of MIR as know she only an Aust mod an a cpl of you guys have requested a look