Cat loaders

j hancock

Maybe this should be a new thread entitled- "Defection to the Other Side." One of three new JD's Central Mass S & G just put into service in their Lancaster MA pit loading my B. Two 744's and an 844 replacing 3 Cats. Full maintenance program with Schmidt Equipment. Positive comments from operators. Big thing is these things are 2013's and I think avoid the next level of environmental BS.

Time will tell-at least they are not Doosans!

post-1625-0-78700300-1410616981_thumb.jp

post-1625-0-66732000-1410617003_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

My dad has a 2001 CAT 262 skid steer. Nice little loader. Will snap a pic of it soon. Very smooth hand controls and very powerful. We've got forks for it, a boom, regular material bucket, and a rock/sifting bucket for it. At 9,000lbs, it's one of the larger skid steers.

I posted a pic of a Cat skid steer.....a 262B i think.....it was a good machine, but i DESPISE pilot control...and the electro-hydraulic control system lag drives me nuts.....its literally fractions of a second, but i just couldn't cope lol. I'd take the foot/hand control New Holland anyday.....

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Golf course machine eh Jim? Looks like it would do a good job patching divots in the rain with those high flotation tires.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

just saw this thread. 

cut my teeth in a loader with a 65 988...back in 74.

then moved up to a 69 966 in 79.

then to a 80 980 in 86.

then in 88 we got a brand new 966. i slipped on the sand i swept out of the cab when it had 11 hours on it and fell off the machine, with my left leg going between the ladder and tank, almost ripping my leg off as i went down. 

i now stick to small machines like the 272 or 299 skid steers, much easier to climb into.

Edited by tjc transport

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

22 hours ago, Rob said:

Golf course machine eh Jim? Looks like it would do a good job patching divots in the rain with those high flotation tires.

No problem making divots on a golf course.

Oh, patching divots....   Not a chance!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:36 PM, carlotpilot said:

jim    find us a pic of a 992 with a spade nose bucket ( nello teer) had several of them

I pilfered this pic off of CAT.  I would say this bad boy rules the sandbox!

Sorry, it may not be a spade.

CAT 992K loader a.jpg

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

We had a 920 that was articulated. 3304 engine for power and powershift transmission.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

that would be a spade  working in that rock pile, quite a  loader thats at least a 50 ton haultruck . :thumb:            this is a 992c older machine. i think the one first pictured is a 992k mislabeled

Screenshot_2019-04-06 Used Caterpillar 992 Wheel Loader for sale Machinio.png

Edited by carlotpilot
add on

10 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

i think the one first pictured is a 992k mislabeled

You are right.  When I added the caption to the picture, made a typo. 

Changed it to 992K.

Jim