Cat loaders

j hancock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn that's a lot of trailer for a loader.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

This Cat was going for a ride. Was parked at rt 47 and rt 71 in Yorkville IL. Just a couple miles from the CAT plant.

I get how the front or truck side of that trailer all works. How does the back work. I assume the pivot point in the middle of the set of bogies has to be fixed to keep it straight going down the road. If that is correct, I can see where trying to turn a corner would require a whole lot of dragging tires sideways. Do you just turn easy or is there a way to steer the front set? I guess they could be like steering drop axels or something. Can anybody explain that?

Love the look of a 988! The flush look of the planetary at the wheel and the proportion of the wheels and fenders is magnificent to say the least! Nice looking rigs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...