Cat loaders

j hancock

The 980C and the R-Model :mack1:,Built Chicagoland during the '80's & '90's!attachicon.gifEarth Systems.jpgattachicon.giffile009.jpg

The 980C and the R-Model :mack1:,Built Chicagoland during the '80's & '90's!attachicon.gifEarth Systems.jpgattachicon.giffile009.jpg

built NY and Long Island as well. 980 or a 966, loading Mack dump trucks or Mack tractors with Fruehauf 38 yard trailers were all you saw on job sites from the 70 s thru the early 90 s

Local 282 Union Service

I haven't seen an old 988 in years, I think I was a kid the nly ones here in great numbers were the b-c's, that new CAT loader on the step deck is gonna cost the driver or company a lot of cash, hope he had is million dollar cargo insurance.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good looking machines. But my question is this, What is the use of having teeth on the bucket when you got a plate over them. Makes them useless in my opinion. Why are they sitting on wood?

Snow, we do the same thing, no need to swap buckets in the winter, just slip the plate on and pin it, or chain it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like another bucket cut in half and welded onto each end, don't think I'd try to load trucks with that. Probably works good for pushing snow, little wobbly up in the air I'd bet.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"