Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

Yes it does. The little screamer originally was a town DPW truck. A later owner tried to use it as a tractor to haul pulling tractors and he found the truck's specification didn't match up to use. Next owner turned it back into a dump truck.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Garden City Long Island Fire Department 1923 La-France Brockway Torpedo.

post-3242-0-09062900-1443145513_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

Win Hill, a good friend who just passed away sent me this photo about 6 months ago . 1948 Brock with odd hood sides. Paul

48brockwaywinhill_zpse34473bd.jpg

Win Hill, a good friend who just passed away sent me this photo about 6 months ago . 1948 Brock with odd hood sides. Paul

48brockwaywinhill_zpse34473bd.jpg

This has to be one of the coolest rigs I've ever laid eyes on. Do any more pics of it exist???

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

This has to be one of the coolest rigs I've ever laid eyes on. Do any more pics of it exist???

You don't suppose with those small pipes and hood bulges this thing might have had a V block Detroit of some sort stuffed in it?

I have a few more, I have to put them on the computer. After Win died I kind of put things on the back burner.

Power was a Detroit Silver 8V-92 with a 5 and 3 trans and unknown air ride.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 months later...

photo pulled from the net... site is friendly..!!!

Andy Maclean has just written this book, a colourful view of driving an R model in Europe of the 70's...

http://www.oldpond.com/fifty-shades-of-tarmac.html

he worked for a conglomerate of companies owned by a Turk, based in the UK and operating with Iranian registered Macks and drivers... under the banners of OHS, ICC or Contex. OHS eventually took over PIE in UK/EU.

if anyone has an interest in the company or Iranian Macks I can post or pm the related threads.

one of the photos in a thread about OHS is believed to be of Iranian registered Brockways of the organisation, however, they may be Turkish.

any of the Brock guys know of these?

BC Mack

post-10384-0-01770400-1453262119_thumb.j

• Like 2