Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

Not sure what the plans are just yet, I cut some stuff up off of it already. The more I look at it the more I think it would make a nice little tractor. Im thinking a tandem tractor. I would need a set of rears with good length of frame still on them....

I can't remember if I've ever posted a pic of my old 358,my first Brockway,got it on Ebay several years ago for $200. When I bought it,the description said it had good tires and if it didn't bring over $1000 the owner was keeping those. What I assumed was that meant he would put black and round ones back on it so it would roll. WRONG. Got there to pick it up and there it sat on its hubs. He did have a loader to help load,but I had to jack it up and put tires on it at home to unload it. Putting tires on something 3 ft. off the ground ain't much fun.

It's a '74 wth a 230 Cummins and RTO9515. Turns over but I've never had it running.

attachicon.gif253.JPG what is that in the background with the boom

You done well green dash, but the only thing you forgot was to drive it to my place.

Great. That's 2 things I forgot.

Nice pics. Was in Brockway today but not sure if it told specs.

I can't believe I didn't ask. I've been a specs nerd since I was a kid. There are Cummins decals on the hood and that is certainly what it sounded like.

I didn't notice until I got home that it has a tilt hood. How common were those?

Jim

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...