Brockway "Toughest Truck In The World"

bullhusk

• 1 year later...

Brocky and Brockway lovers

I have mentioned before about Brockway trucks been sold in Australia and I have found the add for them, if you can call it a add 

Must of been i.pressed as they wrote a poemscan0003(94).thumb.jpg.dae65f1b9d9faaa47f5e5e7afa903e28.jpg

UK Diesels appear to of been the importers which is a surprise 

So they were coming in in 1973

Paul 

• Like 2

Paul, Thank you for the ad.. Various outfits must have imported Brockways even earlier than your ad as Archie Baines down in Victoria has a, just postwar, Model 88 (the smallest Brockway) front clip, cowl and chassis in his boneyard when we were down in 2015..

• Like 1

Brocky

On 10/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Can anyone tell me what model this truck would of been?

Can people tell from looking like with other makes ?

Thanks in advance 

Paul

Paul, That warped picture does not help, BUT I will guess a late 50's to mid 60's model 257???? It is a 200 series and i do not know exactly when the 300 series with the big square grille was introduced..

Brocky

On 10/23/2023 at 4:28 PM, Brocky said:

Paul, That warped picture does not help, BUT I will guess a late 50's to mid 60's model 257???? It is a 200 series and i do not know exactly when the 300 series with the big square grille was introduced..

Somebody on here just mentioned recently what year they started the big nose it was earlier than what I had thought and I can’t remember what year he said I think it was 70 or 71 I was surprised cause I didn’t think it came up that early I was kinda close I would’ve guess 72

• Like 2

It must have been right around 1968, you can find several photos of that nose style on the web. When you look for 1967 Brockways, you don't see many (possibly these were built in '67 but maybe titled as '68 models).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, h67st said:

It must have been right around 1968, you can find several photos of that nose style on the web. When you look for 1967 Brockways, you don't see many (possibly these were built in '67 but maybe titled as '68 models).

I think you a close!!! That is about when I would guess..

Brocky

• 3 weeks later...

Paul: Contact Ed Edminston in Dubbo NSW. He imported a 1976 model 761 with 8V92 in it from the states.. He also attended the Brockway Weekend in Cortland NY several years.. He can probably give you a good history of Brockways in Australia???

• Like 1

Brocky