West coast help possibly needed (mechanical)

fdnymackcf

Hey, guys.

Looking to buy an antique on the West Coast. while I am told the rig runs great, I would like the fluids changed, belts changed and a good look around. Shipping may be a tad expensive, so I may drive it back East. (It's diesel....lol)

If I can get a god price on transport (low boy, train, etc.) drop me a line.

P.S. Moderators if this is in wrong thread, plase move and accept my aplogies.

P.S.S. It is a MACK... :)

• Like 1

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

Jimmy, Randy Yardumian here.....Check with Slpwlkr (Randy Moyano- he's on Facebook too) about shipping. Although that's a tad bit small for his liking perhaps he might be of assistance if he's stuck out on the west coast in the future with no eastbound loads. He could also tell you what fair prices are to ship it.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Made in 67, I think it carries a 1968 model year. I am told this is THE FIRST CF open cab made and the first with a diesel .That "roof" and side windows are bolted on and will be removed. I have an estimate of $2700 to ship her home. May have the dealer selling it do the fluids, belts and stuff. He is glad its going to a good home and I may get a break on that work. Now if anyone in the NYC area has a place to store it, you can let me know on that as well. My FDNY CF is next up to go for repairs. May need that trucked to Hagerstown, MD.

They are 11R22.5 tubed tires. Anyone have a place to get them cheap, I'd appreciate it.

Stay safe.

Made in 67, I think it carries a 1968 model year. I am told this is THE FIRST CF open cab made and the first with a diesel .That "roof" and side windows are bolted on and will be removed. I have an estimate of $2700 to ship her home. May have the dealer selling it do the fluids, belts and stuff. He is glad its going to a good home and I may get a break on that work. Now if anyone in the NYC area has a place to store it, you can let me know on that as well. My FDNY CF is next up to go for repairs. May need that trucked to Hagerstown, MD.

They are 11R22.5 tubed tires. Anyone have a place to get them cheap, I'd appreciate it.

Stay safe.

2700 is a steal and you need to pounce on that. I couldn't even think about doing it for that even if I could load more stuff on It just isn't feasabile

This is one of only 10 open-cab CF Mack pumpers in existence. 9 were pumpers, one was a mid-mount aerial that was enclosed. It is still around I believe as are at least three of the pumpers that I know of.

Jimmy, since it needs tires, and you are sinking money into it anyways, look into getting a decent set of used tubeless rims and converting over to tubeless radials- it will do wonders for the ride and also are less maintenance intense of course.

• Like 1

This is one of only 10 open-cab CF Mack pumpers in existence. 9 were pumpers, one was a mid-mount aerial that was enclosed. It is still around I believe as are at least three of the pumpers that I know of.

Jimmy, since it needs tires, and you are sinking money into it anyways, look into getting a decent set of used tubeless rims and converting over to tubeless radials- it will do wonders for the ride and also are less maintenance intense of course.

Would I have to swap rims for that, though? I was under the impression I would need tube tires for these types of rims.

Would I have to swap rims for that, though? I was under the impression I would need tube tires for these types of rims.

Correct. You would need to swap rims, however finding a good used set would not be difficult and would not break your wallet. Hell even finding a set of good condition aluminum rims (dont forget longer studs) for a decent price could be done. So very worth it to get the improved ride you would get with tubeless radials.

At the very least, you are insane if you dont go tube-type radials.

Wow CA to out on the Island for 2700.00?? I hope it works out cause I know we all want to get it done as cheap as possible yet if a truck wants to be around longer then a year you got to make money, Makes you wonder if its those U Ship guys. I watch them bid them selves out business. Just to get an idea he's going to have around 2000.00 just in fuel and 75.00 GW, 40.00 each way for the iner bridges. I'm sure he can fit something with it but I don't see a big dollar item. Just be careful.

Take heed, Jimmy......Cheapest is not always best......Maybe you could get someone to drive it outside of California and Mack mhe9 might be able to load it up from there???? Just a thought.

• Like 1

2700 is a steal and you need to pounce on that. I couldn't even think about doing it for that even if I could load more stuff on It just isn't feasabile

I find it odd that is is under $1/mile. Unless he is fitting something else on it and squeezing it tight, I dont see how either. And I try to be honest and explain that the thieving Govt agencies here charge up to $14 per axle over the George Washington Bridge and $7.50/axle to cross the bridges to Long Island. I CANNOT wait to retire and get the Hell out of NY.

it isn't me or my truck but even unless you get more stuff the truck should be with multi pieces I go for 5 to 6.00 a mile with a step. But man your hunting and everything has to go right. To each there own thats for sure i'd have more in fuel then 2700 thats for sure.

Yeah NY charges too much to go over their bridges. Thats why we stay out of there.

You're preaching to the choir, my friend. :) Driving a VW diesel every weekend to Maryland when my mother wa dying, the tolls were as much as the fuel for a 600 mile round trip. Try having a 4 BR house on Long Island 2 car garage (separate) on a 100x170 piece of land and paying $9000/yr in taxes. Looking outside Chatanooga a few yrs ago and saw a bigger house, smaller land half the price and 1/7 the taxes. 5 1/2 to retire. I count the days. And VERY happy I don't have to pay these thieving tolls with an 18 wheler.

Take heed, Jimmy......Cheapest is not always best......Maybe you could get someone to drive it outside of California and Mack mhe9 might be able to load it up from there???? Just a thought.

And he is from where and goes to where? Fill me in, I am looking at all angles. And of course, bringing it back on a Mack makes my heart overflow with emotion.....lolol.

I'm out of PA. If your serious I can make some calls I've got people that run CAL. That could get it to Wi. I could get to NY from there. But need to know weight, zip code in CAL. And size I would need to know over all length and from the very front to the center of the rear axle that way we know what might fit with it. Thanks

• Like 1

Hey Jim,

Nick Barbieri E330 Fdny Active,

Have four fdny cf macks (1979 CF E268), (1980 CF E308 Foam 262), (1988 E24), (1988 E33)

all run drive pump let me know if you need any help, parts.

got a bunch of stuff from the shops years ago lights, light bars ect.

good luck on the pumona rig what ex fdny mack do you have ???

Hey Jim,

Nick Barbieri E330 Fdny Active,

Have four fdny cf macks (1979 CF E268), (1980 CF E308 Foam 262), (1988 E24), (1988 E33)

all run drive pump let me know if you need any help, parts.

got a bunch of stuff from the shops years ago lights, light bars ect.

good luck on the pumona rig what ex fdny mack do you have ???

Talked to you once before. I have old E-290. Need the light bar, Dietz lights, Akron NY'er, suction hose rack, spotlight for Boss, 3 piece red bumper, tarp if you know anyone locally to make them (but have a place outside Harrisburg). 290 is getting redone in future in Hagerstown, Md. My biggest issue is storing the Pomona Mack, I would prefer indoors. I am in Suffolk, recall old E-24 on the market. Where in the Hell do you store them all? lol Jimmy Schneider, E-271, Gr 19.

And thanks on the Pomona. Could not let that go.. lol