Hate'n on the dayton!

Another word of caution is when you are removing the dogs on the outer rim off the spokes..... leave all the nuts backed off on the studs Untill all nuts and dogs are louse. Seen them dogs go flying if they were under stress.... A shot to the dick,leg knee or ankle Wont feel too good. Ask me how I know..

absolutely- them things can kill you!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Another word of caution is when you are removing the dogs on the outer rim off the spokes..... leave all the nuts backed off on the studs Untill all nuts and dogs are louse. Seen them dogs go flying if they were under stress.... A shot to the dick,leg knee or ankle Wont feel too good. Ask me how I know..

you know its been 40 yrs since i touched spokes,,,forgot all about that,,,thanks for the heads up,,,ill be pulling mine apart in the near future.for new rubber and paint..bob

Oh yeah! Absolutely! Thoes suckers will fly!

Im sure if they put those rims on with a big impact that's why they were stuck. They forced them too far back with the gun...

They were rusted solid! On the pass side only...I have seen a picture of that truck in a machine shed...maybe that side was close to the weather?!?

Oh yeah! Absolutely! Thoes suckers will fly!

Yes Sir & they don't have a pilot's license. ;)

That's 1 thing I forgot to mention as well . even as a 15 yr old kid I knew to keep the nuts on & then knock w/ a sledge hammer before taking the lug nuts off .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

[/quoteLast time I had to have a road service for a flat the guy loosen the lugs and grabbed the big sledge,I told him don't even think about hitting my rim with that sledge,he looked at me like I was nuts.lol,then when he put the rim back on I told him make sure you put it back exactly like it came of so the unpainted chock marks don't show..he was still shaking hes head back and forth when he left..

• 7 years later...

Normally U fit narrow rims to the inside when the suspension iz flogged out

just so the rim wont hit the chassis on a turn when driving

we never paint the spoke where the rim fits ( U need all the clearance U can get )

we wire brush the contact area Btween rim n spoke n studs

then put a miniscule of oil on the thread (not enuff to spread all round the rim wen drive n )

wen put n spacer back on rotate spacer till U find the sweet spot

cya