V8 u model on cl in ohio

countryboy5487

Very unusual with the V8. Would be cool to have.

Cheers, Rob

Also somewhat unusual, Southeastern Freight Lines of Columbia, South Carolina used to run a massive fleet of Cummins-powered U-700 tractors.

Southeastern runs beautiful, well-maintained equipment and is one of the most efficient carriers in the south.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/donq/southeastern_mack_u_2.html

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/donq/southeastern_mack_u.html

• Like 1

Not Stan. Vinny I don't know if he has made up his mind what to do with it yet. Said he may trailer it to gearharts this fall though will u be there?

Yeah ill be there. Im glad it went to a good home. Can you ask him if he'd ever want to sell it, then let me know maybe. Thanks.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Stan leman?? He is a V8 kinda guy.

Does Stan still go to truck shows, I remember seing his chromed out Gravy Train ( I think that was his) B61 in the early 2000s at Macungie. I hadn't seen it for a few years .

wow,that blows my mind,Stan wasn't that old.When I first met Stan,12 years or so ago,he was on a big health food kick.Last time we were together at Walcott a couple years ago,he'd definitely dropped that.Last time we talked on the phone,probably 5 months ago,he never mentioned being sick.Musta been something sudden,huh? That's really sad news,sStan was a helluva guy

Pretty sure it is NOT Stan Leman. He's in the club and I'm pretty sure I woulda heard something that drastic.

You are thinking of Dick Best. Yes, he passed about a year ago(is it two now?), right after the show(which was usually on around his birthday).

Stan doesn't get out much anymore, not sure why? Not sure he took any of this trucks to the IX center show this past winter? I wasn't there so can't say for sure.

I did see Stan(or at least his Super) over in Indiana a month or so back.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

MTS A Cement hauler in PA had about10 of those U's with the V8's and a triplex trani back in the late 60's cool trucks! Also Wilson freight had a bunch with VT-903 Cummins with tag axel's back in the 80's just before they went under

BULLHUSK

MTS A Cement hauler in PA had about10 of those U's with the V8's and a triplex trani back in the late 60's cool trucks! Also Wilson freight had a bunch with VT-903 Cummins with tag axel's back in the 80's just before they went under

BULLHUSK

Do you know where any of the V8's or the Cummalong powered ones are today?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg