The Preston Aero – How to make a Brigadier slice through the wind

kscarbel

17 hours ago, RoadwayR said:

That orange dump is another set back axle prototype.  I don't think any Brig's were sold so equipped, even under the WhiteGMC name.  The Brigadier was replaced in 1990 by the White WG, probably not a move in the right direction......  

I remember when GMC announced they were going to offer a lighter Brigadier with an even lower hood slope.......and this is an example of that truck.

56 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I remember when GMC announced they were going to offer a lighter Brigadier with an even lower hood slope.......and this is an example of that truck.

I'll buy that.  What did it have for power, a 3208?  There were a few gas Brigadiers built with Chevy 427's, all before 1981.  I think they used the old steel butterfly hood.

1 hour ago, RoadwayR said:

I'll buy that.  What did it have for power, a 3208?  There were a few gas Brigadiers built with Chevy 427's, all before 1981.  I think they used the old steel butterfly hood.

I would imagine the Cummins L10 was the lead engine, though the 3208 had been offered.

The YRC terminal in Morton, IL still has them along with a couple Brigadier's. All still run but the GMC's don't get out much and shag trailers mostly. All are getting rough in appearance too.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

here is a good Brigadier if anyone is interested. I welded the frame trusses in years ago which can be seen in photos 1 & 4. Always been a good running truck but LOUD!!

https://peoria.craigslist.org/hvo/d/metamora-1986-gmc-brigadier-grain-truck/6931413384.html

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 year later...