you know thats the difference between a driver and a steering wheel holder. A driver looks for the shift pattern and doesn't assume. if no shift pattern when you go for a few rounds with the trainer you watch and see how he shifts or it shifts. Sometimes the trainer isn't worth a damn either. I've drivine alot of different trucks,trans, and motors. Still screw up when I jump into something else. But hell we all have done that forgotten what gear or hey this isn't my truck damn pattern is different or what the hell damn thing won't split in low range when you need an extra gear on the bottom end.

True Dat .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 2 U models that still work hauling water to the Lake Shasta marina. They were part of a fleet of about 5 that ran I-5 for years hauling steel for Gerlinger. They have Mack rears on Reyco suspension which I have never seen before. also 9sp Fuller tranny and a Mack six.

AHHHHH!!! Those are sweet!!!! And that they are still working!!!! Next time you see them could you get the serial numbers? Thanks...Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

It's California and you can't use the lake water...........that is for fish only. Okay seriously, it is for the fresh water tanks on the houseboats that are rented out of there.

Lake Shasta is the clearest water I've ever seen. We camped there for a weekend when I was visiting my brother and his wife a few years ago!

Hell Ive got a buddy of mine who I grew up with & he has a road service business & his family is like mine : always farmed , logged & excavation . I Worked for him for 3yrs & still help him some to this day .

HE HATES MACK PERIOD ! He cusses more than usual every time he works on a mack . I Tell him quit cussing me & I lmao & he gives me a f.u. look .

We once carried a customers 92 R Model Tri cycle dump to his shop for repairs . The R MODEL HAD A 7SPD Mack tranny . I was in the IH Service truck right behind him . he was raking gears & cussing . I lost my cool told him to shut the F UP & FING LISTEN TO ME ! OR GET OUT OF THE R MODEL & LET ME DRIVE IT ! I taught his fat ass how to drive a 7spd mack over the cb .

Some of our other friends who are owner operators & haul out of the rock & sand pits in Memphis never let him lived it down even to this day . I bring it up round our friends & he hates that he has to admit that I taught him how to drive a 7spd mack tranny over the radio. ;)

But if needs to know something about a Mack & he doesn't know about it he come to me before anyone else . if I don't know about it . I call my buddy that is a retired mechanic from Tri State .

:mack1:

Ahhh the Mack 7 speed. :(