NEW STAINLESS STEEL B MODEL MIRROR BRACKET SET

mackb67

Bought from Watts Mack in '04 as a birthday present for myself for my B67. Truck got sold before i had a chance to install them, matter of fact, the box is still sealed. If I remember correctly this was a limitted issue that Watts Mack had reproduced in stainless steel. Obviously no longer cataloged as best as I can tell. $300.00 plus the ride.....for more info drop me a line at mackb67@bellsouth.net .

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Edited by mackb67

Having issues with the mackb67@bellsouth.net email account, sometimes I do not get an email for 24-48 hours. If i have received your email, then I have told you that the mirror mounts have been sold. Is there any way to delete one of these postings after the item has been sold?? I have not been able to find a way.

I dunno but there is still plenty of B models being done. id be happy with black powder coated as that's what 99% of B models had after 1962. Delbar black painted one, before that most were bicycle mirrors or generic brackets like retracs. the last pair I bought was about 125 or 150 a side. cant remember if it was from Barry or Tidewater. I have bought brackets from both.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

These mirrors were produced by long time Mack Trucks supplier Delbar Products (established 1947 and headquartered in Perkasie, Pennsylvania).

I thought to point out that in 2008, Spain’s Ficosa International S.A. purchased Delbar (another iconic American manufacturer now under foreign ownership).

Ficosa is the supplier to Volvo Truck and Volvo’s Renault brand, and thus since 2008 Volvo's Mack brand.

Ficosa has closed Delbar's three manufacturing facilities in Crossville, Tennessee. All manufacturing for North America is now done in Mexico, at Salinas Victoria and Escobedo.

While Delbar might have done a run, I doubt that Ficosa would even entertain the thought. And in any event, do you really want Mexican mirror brackets on your B-model?

Tom Gannaway had 50 or 75 pair made a few years back. Maybe he'll see this and chime in or somebody can get ahold of him..

Never did get a response out of Barry on the B81 emblems,so maybe they aren't wanting to commit to any more repro stuff.

Around 2002 I bought a set off of Tom I gave $160.00 for a set, wish I would have bought a few sets now. kinda like those wing vent windows that went outa site.

I spoke to Tom a year or so ago and he did not have any brackets left. He had 100 sets made up and stated that is was a big headache. The brackets came in separated boxes so you had to go to each box to make up the set. And in the end the numbers of each part were not the same.

If you could get someone to fabricate them I think you could sell plenty. The problem is putting up the money for the initial purchase and then hoping you sell them to get your investment back.