Dumbass of the day

slpwlker

I have noticed lately how many left lane lingerers there are now compared to just a few years back. Never used to see a big rig in the center or left unless they were passing, but now you have to pass them on the right all the time. Poor training or poor courtesy?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I will give a courtesy, but only sometimes do I get a flash back.

At the landfill, I give right of way to loaded truck coming in. Had one guy tell me he never saw that here.

Told him, "they don't speak the language, can't tell 'em"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

In this area (probably the same shit everywhere on this frigging continent), not even cars follow the "right turn, right lane, left turn, left lane" mentality, despite the ease. Sometimes we have to run wide to MAKE THE DAMN TURN, but I don't think anyone with any respect or pride in the job does it "just because"....twice today (same site), some yahoo tried to pass me on the right after a left turn, despite the right blinker indicating a merge after completing the turn. Growing very weary of the "I'm more important than you" attitude.....

total bs....IMHO

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

In this area (probably the same shit everywhere on this frigging continent), not even cars follow the "right turn, right lane, left turn, left lane" mentality, despite the ease. Sometimes we have to run wide to MAKE THE DAMN TURN, but I don't think anyone with any respect or pride in the job does it "just because"....twice today (same site), some yahoo tried to pass me on the right after a left turn, despite the right blinker indicating a merge after completing the turn. Growing very weary of the "I'm more important than you" attitude.....

total bs....IMHO

I agree on the make your turn to the nearest lane then merge over if needed but I dont think anybody knows anything about it anymore. I still make my turns per the old CDL way, trucks make turns from the right turn lane going either direction if there are more than one, so if there are two left turn lanes I get in the right one so I dont swing into it making my turn but I see trucks every day turning in the left lane and they end up taking both just doesnt make sense to me.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

total bs....IMHO

Making a hard right,turnsignal on ,swing wide ,oh look he is going to pass me......nope....I just bring them with me.some reason It's a game these days...but every now and then I find a 4 wheeler that knows how trucks turn and wait their turn...

I agree on the make your turn to the nearest lane then merge over if needed but I dont think anybody knows anything about it anymore. I still make my turns per the old CDL way, trucks make turns from the right turn lane going either direction if there are more than one, so if there are two left turn lanes I get in the right one so I dont swing into it making my turn but I see trucks every day turning in the left lane and they end up taking both just doesnt make sense to me.

Just yesterday I was following a truck hauling pipe on i294. We exit and came up to the double right turn lane. We both were stopped at the light in the LH side so we could swing wide. This right turn is kinda tight and my trailer will cross into the rh lane a little...cars fill in on our right side and Billy big rigger in a new pete comes up too..He's nosed In near my trailer axel hugging close to me. Light turns green and I just make my turn grab 2-3 gears nice and easy then watched him jam on the hooks when he almost ripped his bumper off on the rear of my trailer... Myself and the truck in front of me completed the turn then moved over to the right lane. Sometimes you just have to teach them a lesson and let them learn the hard way.

• Like 2

Yeah those Billy Big Riggers are great. usually in Paccars, Binders,and shakers. sometimes Macks. I just keep moving and let them figure out whats going to happen if they don't stop. Had to beat the piss out of a sleeper truck in front of me this morning parked illegally. Guy a few trucks down was leaving when I was doing trash and I knocked the ever living hell out of the sleeper. Guys all looked pissed but I was grinning ear to ear.

Just yesterday I was following a truck hauling pipe on i294. We exit and came up to the double right turn lane. We both were stopped at the light in the LH side so we could swing wide. This right turn is kinda tight and my trailer will cross into the rh lane a little...cars fill in on our right side and Billy big rigger in a new pete comes up too..He's nosed In near my trailer axel hugging close to me. Light turns green and I just make my turn grab 2-3 gears nice and easy then watched him jam on the hooks when he almost ripped his bumper off on the rear of my trailer... Myself and the truck in front of me completed the turn then moved over to the right lane. Sometimes you just have to teach them a lesson and let them learn the hard way.

It makes the turns easier but if you actually go back and read the books your supposed to make your turns from the right hand lane always so nobody can come in on your right side like that, hate to say it but he was actually in the lane he was supposed to be. I completely understand the tight right turn stuff, I get in the right lane then at about the stop line swing back left to make the tight rights just to keep my right side clear of morons.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

It makes the turns easier but if you actually go back and read the books your supposed to make your turns from the right hand lane always so nobody can come in on your right side like that, hate to say it but he was actually in the lane he was supposed to be. I completely understand the tight right turn stuff, I get in the right lane then at about the stop line swing back left to make the tight rights just to keep my right side clear of morons.

Thought it was supposed to be the outside lane. Outside in 3 lanes going left and outside on 2 lanes going right. or inside on the right but the one on the outside of the turn. Supoosed to be in the right on a single lane turn and we all know it never works right doing that usually need 1.5 or in my case 2 to 2.5 lanes to make a right turn on some of these roads

I will agree that trucks should hug/ stay right in a single turn lane to avoid cars sneaking past on the blind side... but when you have a double turn lane common sence tells me use the lane that I can swing wider in...also around here most of these double turn lanes have solid white lines thru the start of the turn between the lanes. Crossing a white line and you and a car collode who is at fault now?

I also think the rules of the road were written when trailers were 40' or 45'. Pull a 3 or 4 axle lowboy with the wheels all they way at the rear of the triler or oversize and the rules change. Even that 53' feather lite I pulled for the race team was a bitch with the axels all they way to the rear. Needed 2 lanes to make a hard right where a standard 53' only needed a little of the left lane make a turn..

Today I was driving the standard 2 axle lowboy and I felt like a go cart around town...night and day swing radius needed vs the long 3 axle..

• Like 2

If there is only one lane for a right turn then you have to use it but swing wide. If there are multiple lanes for either turn then you stay in the outside lane and watch for drift of the trailer and other traffic.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

I will agree that trucks should hug/ stay right in a single turn lane to avoid cars sneaking past on the blind side... but when you have a double turn lane common sence tells me use the lane that I can swing wider in...also around here most of these double turn lanes have solid white lines thru the start of the turn between the lanes. Crossing a white line and you and a car collode who is at fault now?

I also think the rules of the road were written when trailers were 40' or 45'. Pull a 3 or 4 axle lowboy with the wheels all they way at the rear of the triler or oversize and the rules change. Even that 53' feather lite I pulled for the race team was a bitch with the axels all they way to the rear. Needed 2 lanes to make a hard right where a standard 53' only needed a little of the left lane make a turn..

Today I was driving the standard 2 axle lowboy and I felt like a go cart around town...night and day swing radius needed vs the long 3 axle..

My roll off is 23' from steers to center of tandems. Plus about 3' of front end and about 8' behind the center on the walking beam, and maybe 45 degrees on wheel cut...not the most nimble of vehicles....even better with the 40' roof conveyor on a 20' pintle to axle spread......that shits a blast, 20 ft of tail swing. In ontario, if there is more than two lanes, comercial vehicle can "sit" on the dividing line using the 4-ways to take both lanes, if it is safe to do so, but no 4-wheelers seem to know, maybe because it is only in the truck books.....very useful at roundabouts/traffic circles, if everyone knew......

Sorry, im done ranting. i could go on about idiot drivers forever.....:)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I don't flash my lights anymore. Maybe on occasion but thats it. No need.

What pisses me off is when a lot of these jackasses pass you and they've got their right turn signal on before they're halfway around you, and they don't even wait for a flash anyway to cut in front of you. And people that flash their high beams at night too, while i'm at it. I always cut the lights off for a second, always did. Then even when you do that, most drivers don't even bother to blink their marker lights or say thanks any more.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

most drivers don't even bother to blink their marker lights or say thanks any more.

To this day, whether I am in the FWD or my 4-Wheeler, I always flash passing big trucks into the lane, and most of the time I don't get a thank you flash in return. When I am in my 4-Wheeler I have to wonder if the ones who thank me are surprised they got a flash to "come on in."

I taught my wife to flash in big trucks, too. She couldn't be bothered with it until one time I took her for a spin in a buddy's rig on I-78 just up one exit from the house- a grand total of an 8-mile round trip and in that time got cut off 4 times. Made her sit in the rocking chair, too- so that she could learn to appreciate what operators go through. After that she respected big trucks more and flashes them in regularly. Once in a while I even catch her saying "you missed me, come on in driver...." which I always used to say on the radio and still to this day will say out loud......LOL

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS