Mike

nice truck, what its story?

The B73 was part of a large collection of goodies being liquidated by the widow of Roy Collier, near Carson City,NV. There was a link to several pics posted here and on the ATHS site quite awhile back of the trucks and parts for sale. A friend of mine was looking for a LT and they had a pretty decent one,plus lots of LT parts. They headed out there enroute to the ATHS show in Yakima to look things over and bought what they wanted. Since they had room, I made a deal on the B73,plus 2 western 700 R model hoods,and 5 Westrn grilles.I also ended up with a R cab,when another guy backed out on it upon arrrival in IA. The B73 is pretty solid,not quite as good as I'd hoped,it does has a little rust in the cab,I just hope it will run.

I tried to go look at the stuff in Carson City last July but I didn't get in touch with the guy until two weeks after I was back on the other side of the state. Did they say if there were still a lot of parts left?

1962 B733 L cab

I tried to go look at the stuff in Carson City last July but I didn't get in touch with the guy until two weeks after I was back on the other side of the state. Did they say if there were still a lot of parts left?

They still have alot of misc. stuff left.Most of the Mack stuff is sold. My buddy bought the LT crane truck,the green L cab,and most all of the L and LT parts.He's supposed to be going back out in August to get the rest of the stuff.I gotthe complete B73,the 2 R700 hoods and the R cab.Another friend of mine bought the '68 Ford tractor.There was one cab that had been cut up that he didn't take.There was the yellow B733 B cab that was partially dismantled left,plus lots of small stuff.