• 4 weeks later...

Here's a photo I took a few weeks back at work of our D6 when I was dropping it of at a dump site our trucks were dumping dirt at. Got a good picture of our last RB we have left for now. I have a feeling I'll be driving it to Toronto for the last time in a few weeks to the auction. I keep telling them they are stupid to part with it. I'd send a few others to auction and keep the RB.

post-814-0-04047500-1383465376_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing like going up a wet ramp trailer and the damn machine turns sideways and you slide back down.

how do those blades work? I have seen them mainly in fire service and power line stuff just never seen them in action

There are a couple of different ways to use them.

First, you can "grub" with them. This is where you actually put the cutting edge of the blade below the surface of the ground. You then basically "plow" the ground...trees & all. Some people call this a "Rome plow" due to this characteristic. This is usually done on hiway or gas line right of way...where you don't want to leave the stump.

Or, you can sharpen the hell out of it, & run it flush with the ground and "cut" with it. This shears the trees off, & leaves the stump. This is generally done on power line and reservoir jobs, where the stump doesn't matter.

The "buster" (or splitter or stinger) on the lh side is to split the tree if it's too big to shear in one pass.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had one of those D8-K'S 77V ser. # non spacer D342 motor it was a good machine but when u worked it hard u would have to stop an let her cool down I did everything including pullin the rad.! The International TD25-C same vintage that I had could out push an slope better with the 2- speed steering and never ran hot I thought it was a better dozer but u couldn't beat Cat's PSR and could still get any part on that machine u need

BULLHUSK

funny you should mention the 77v getting hot, ours did the same, I was the new guy at the time so I didn't get to work with the real mechanics .any how after the in frame, rebuilt heads, recored rad. and still overheating on hard shoves. I invited myself to take a look and discovered two fan blades reversed. still didn't get to work with the cat mechanics. but they did have to credit us a bunch on that work order.

Hello!

Does anybody have a picture or a drawing that would show a Cat dozer (preferrably D7D or D7E) from the underside? Such pics are very hard to come by. And I'm not sure I understand well how the rails around which the tracks go attach to the body of the dozer. I believe there's a spring under the hull front - how does it look like? Thanks in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

Here are a couple of big horses waiting for action- fall of 2005.

At the lay-down yard between Camp Liberty and Sather AFB, Iraq

Phil that shure looks like a HET we had at Cedar when I was there, makes me think of all the fun......yeah thats it. I hauled a couple of those up armored 7's and an Up armored 8, that sucker was heavy, I got pics of it somewhere here.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"