6 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Yep grade the driveway and wake up the neighborhood doing it. Would be a neat machine to run. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, B MACK said:

Some of our iron in the pit.      And a shiny new D10  , I wish it was ours. I'd love to see what it feels like in a push..

100_1234.JPG

eb932b95d961dfd1bed82f02ea33b1e4.jpg

I was watching a D10t this summer on that highway project near me push scrapers. Didn’t even labor it to do so, made the new 6 they had there look weak. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

16 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i hope the ladder on that 10 folds up out of the way, or it will most likely get ripped off on the first good push. 

I think it pivots right up there at the cat walk, and swings up above the final drive .      I've never seen one up close , I'm sure they do wonders..

17 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i hope the ladder on that 10 folds up out of the way, or it will most likely get ripped off on the first good push. 

The ladder is/can be hydraulic optioned and swings up and clear. Friend of mine designed that right here in Peoria. It works well.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i figured it did with what looks like a hydraulic mount on the rear side of the ladder. but it looks by the way it is mounted to pivot forward. if it went to the rear over the sprocket, it would also have to raise to clear the sprocket and tracks. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I think the ladder is an option. The D10t (brand new) I saw this summer did not have one of those bulky ladders hanging off of the side. 

• 1 month later...

Them H model series are a classic!! I guy I used to work for has about 20 H model 955's nd 977's still uses them as a fill in machine. I actually remember when he had some stick 977's I believe they called the a 20A machine.    terry:MackLogo:

There are both an older 955, and a 977, locally for sale around here from different parties.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I has a Cat 931B for years. It was a real handy machine for just about anything. Had a 4 in 1 bucket and pin on John Deere 16 foot removable hoe on the back. It sat for the last ten years I had it and leased the house and barn. Put a fresh battery in it a shot of ether and it fired right up every time. It was stored inside most of the time I had it. Rebuilt the engine, undercarriage, drive clutches and brakes... over the years. Sold it for $2000 after owning it for 25 years, no one wanted it, had descent paint on it to. Ran fine and still could move a lot of dirt around. Funny but use to be working it with the girl I was dating sitting to one side, Ya know sort of like that Green tractor song, over 25 years ago. We'll be married 25 years in May. Actually got my first Mack to pull it around in the early 90's.

The older 977's had a 318 6 cylinder engine not rated for much power the same engine used in trucks were 215 or 250 hp. the 983's had a 343 and was rated about 275 hp same engine in trucks was the 1693. the 983 was a beast didn't see to many of them.

42 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

ONE OF THE BEST all around track loaders ever built

the 955, and the 977 both were pretty common when I was a kid. The 955 probably more so as a pintle hitch trailer behind a dump truck was all that was needed to move it. A 977 always seemed to need a semi trailer.

• Like 1