With that machine, you can turn a molehill into a mountain!

Always liked watching rippers in action.

Rippers were fun, unless you were on coal, or rock, or something hard,,wait,,guess thas why they make rippers though,,If I had my rathers, would rather just rip clay, or maybe the whole world just be made outta beach sand, Florida beach sand preferably,,,randyp

Thats when they are at their most fuel efficient. Them big rascals can gobble down a tank of fuel. randyp

Espesically when you got them in a hard push. Just listen to them slurp the diesel down. Thinking that D8N Burned 140 gallons a day hell been so long i don't remember but it was over 100. I worked the hell out of it

I was always an International guy but there was always something about the D9-G that just looked tougher then the rest! My cousin ran a new D9 for 4 years on the Kearny land fill back in the 70's it was the last of the low track machines, he was also an IH guy but he said no matter what you put in front of that machine it was pushin it, also the machine never went down! Only track replacement and blow the rad out every night the machine ran every day except Sun.

BULLHUSK

photo's are of a td-18, notice it had two stacks.

I used to love to start those old IH's My uncle had a buncha those TD 24's when I was a kid and we would start em on gas and trans over to diesel he also had a TD 14 with the lift pistons on the side! all the 24's had cable blades. I only wish I woulda taked some pictures back then! He also had a huge HD 20 AC track loader with a 6-110 Detroit and that thing started with no prob. even in the winter ya just gave it a shota eather and off she woud go! Boy did he have a buncha junk! that was in the late 60's and some of those machines had to be in the 1950's an maybe even in the 40's One thing was for sure.. my uncle and my cousins were experts in changin cyl. heads on TD 24's LOL!! But they didn't have a lota money back then but they kept it all together an got the job done!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine took this pic last year of these dozers lined up in the morning getting ready to roll. He was running the one

with the bigger blade. All three were knocking down a huge wood chip pile that started on fire. They had to spread it out while

several different fire departments were there to put out the fire.

post-13943-0-69108500-1381113700_thumb.j

• Like 1