Ultraliner/MH6XX

Yep, made it home without any issues, well maybe one....there is one hell heck of a bump around Kutztown, PA on I-78. Going down hill, hit the bump, and jumped out of gear. Why is 78 so dang bad?

78's been rough as long as I've driven a truck! shake your guts loose for sure! LOL!........................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

This one was for sale overhere about a year ago.

The price was too far from to be nice and you can note the scale of disaster on it.

I have seen the same truck for sale locally about 14 years ago. It was solid with a damaged engine although for reasonable money.

Although it was too out of my pocket and needs those days.

Probably had E6-350 under the hood cab.

theres not much Mack left in that one is there? headlights are gone, grille is gone, roof is gone, I dont know what that is now.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Never get tired of seeing that truck. Sharp looking MH!

It was a good one Ken! just not the best riding truck I ever drove! many times even today,given the type places I go to,wish I had it back!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 5 months later...

Great Thread. I only wish it was under the Modern Mack discussion rather than the Antique thread.

When you consider the Freightliner Argosy 2, Kenworth K200 and International 9800i sold today (in global markets), an updated Ultra-Liner or a totally evolved Ultra-Liner II would be a far superior truck.

The Ultra-Liner was extremely advanced in engineering, and arguably the safest COE cab design still to this day. The Ultra-Liner could easily have been developed forward to remain a cutting edge product in the global COE market.

The paint on my MH was actually Maroon with the orange stripe. But in the light I took the photo in makes it look brown. It was an old Maksteel truck from Toronto it pulled a 6 axle trailer and super B trains when it was on with them. They had a bunch of them with V8 power they also had a bunch of Superliners and R Models too all that paint scheme. They looked good back in the day anyone around southern Ontario that sees those colours knows it's old Maksteel colours. Now they have Pete's no paint code. And yes the Mack MH was a well built Cabover air ride cab rode good and stayed tight and quiet.

I remember Superdog's buddies,Nelson Trucking out of Mediapolis,Iowa trucking wallboard out of Waukegan,Il. with a fleet of MH's. Mack green,red frames,hand lettered, usually clean and always sharp. Sorry, no pics :(. There was a story in the BULLDOG a few years ago. They also have the :mack1: dealership there.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

theres not much Mack left in that one is there? headlights are gone, grille is gone, roof is gone, I dont know what that is now.

Headlights are still original, just covered with some "protection", roof is in its place as I was told.

Although the powertrain is Cummins NTC probably 290, eaton/fuller 10 speeds(?), eaton axles with some strange four separate spring suspension.

It lost 4 rear inside wheels, or more correctly found 2 front and four rear nearly original 22.5's in place of 20's.

The compressor is broke down and the guy need money although the price is at least two times out of the range and far from to be fair.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Marcel Nothing beats a long wheelbase MH with an E9. I remember a silver and red frame long wheelbaseMH for sale at Allentown Mack about 10 years ago. I believe it was posted somewhere on here with its new owner. It had an E-9 and was selling for 12000 or 15000 grand at the time.

Let me do some digging in the frm to find that truck. Thanks for the compliment. She work now everyday. Still turn heads with the sound of the v8

Vladislav you describe rear suspension as strange four spring. Most likely Reyco 101 or 102. It was a popular suspension in highway and fleet trucks until air ride became popular. It was lighter in weight than walking beam or camelback. Definitely a nono for off road work as it did not articulate very well or hold up in vocational work. Joe D.

Vladislav you describe rear suspension as strange four spring. Most likely Reyco 101 or 102. It was a popular suspension in highway and fleet trucks until air ride became popular. It was lighter in weight than walking beam or camelback. Definitely a nono for off road work as it did not articulate very well or hold up in vocational work. Joe D.

Joe, thank you for clearing me up. I mostly known with Mack Camelback and Neway Airride. Most other trucks than Macks I'm familiar with (lightly familiar) are the locally used ones wich all are of 90's and 00's years. The "strange' thing I ment there were some brackets in betveen the springs of the FR and RR axles to wich the ends of those springs were attached. Just not too commonly used design nowadays on my mind. Vlad.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012