Marmons

RFCDrum

Paul I know you were actively pursuing that Marmon as i was reading your posts about for awhile. Nice picture Pawel. Seems to be quite a few Mack,Ford and Freightliners in the Islands. First time i was in St. Marteen about 10 years ago my wife and I had a rental car and ridinf thru the countyside I found a 700 series Brockway much to my surprise. I went back last year and it was gone. It was not in running condition soI imagine it was scrapped.This was on the Dutch side of Island. Joe D.

I'd swing by in April on the way home from The Marmon Home Coming in Denton, Texas, except it's a 400 something mile round trip south of Denton and won't serve any purpose other then raising my blood pressure.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There's one a few miles from me. I believe it's a farm truck. Not sure who owns it. Maybe Green Dash knows, considering he's pretty close to me. It's on 201 between 51, outside of Perryopolis and Gillespie/Fayette City...

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

Paul, any chance you can get the info on the scrap yard? Maybe you can get it from them?

Everytime I see this topic I still think Mormans. Lol.

I got the scrap yard info. The largest recycler in the gulf got it. Texas Port Recycling. They detox, crush and shred every vehicle and separate the materials with in 2 days of arrival. They ship 75 to 125 or more containers of plastic, steel, iron, rubber and aluminum to Asia every month. Mormons....me too.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Always a few COEs at the Winchester W.VA show. Now that I'll be a lot closer and a ton of NYC tolls cheaper, I can afford to take mine now. The Marmon Home Coming in April is always enjoyable. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

With my impending move, mine will be working most of the summer and fall. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 7 months later...

Friend of my Dad's (Nicky Gatto) had a Marmon like the previous post leased on with Greenstein,neat looking truck,one of the first Marmons I ever saw. That thing musta' weighed 43,000 pounds! all steel everything Lol!.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 year later...

The remains of this unit was at the last Marmon Home Coming in Denton.

first-conventional1970.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 5 months later...