Marmons

RFCDrum

this is the one in Texas I've been trying to get for a few years. It's heavy spec'ed for oil patch work.

Looks solid, just needs some detailing. Good luck in obtaining this truck.

Did Marmon make their own cab? It kinda looks like a PACCAR cab.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Looks solid, just needs some detailing. Good luck in obtaining this truck.

Did Marmon make their own cab? It kinda looks like a PACCAR cab.

they made the cab and hood, I bought one back in 1986, similar to this Texas one. It was a pretty good truck, had problems with the fenders breaking away from the hood, they gave me a new hood and that broke also, they would do no more. I bought the truck off quality when he was a dealer. The doors panels would always come loose and the wipers sucked, they were air, the newer ones changed to electric. They did have a lot of leg room due to the flat dash, mine had a 400 cat with a 9 speed and air ride which was Hendrickson, and use to rip shocks apart, I don't think I would have bought another if they were still around.

I went with my uncle to Denton to pick it up. He flew down and spec'ed it out at the factory. Don't know if that made a difference in build any. The only problem I've had since 1995 is it ate the sleeper to cab seal once. Taken it every April for the past 7 years to the Marmon Home Coming in Denton Texas with no problems so far, but it has has an easy life for 25 years. Hauled cattle corn and spinach when it was new, 4 trips a year. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hope you get it. That interior picture is sad.

Instead of it getting worse, get the truck into the hands of somebody that will bring it back.

" I'm gonna fix it up when ah get time" That's what I hear each time I talk to him. The interior was vandalized when it was first parked, but at least the windows are rolled up against the critters moving in. I don't expect it will ever be sold or restored sadly. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If it's the company I'm thinking of they moved to Chester NY. I believe one of the guys name was Steve Gillette. They also had dump trucks. DM 800's that were green, gold, and red. They parked in Mahwah too years ago.

Yep, the family's name was Gillette.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

this is the one in Texas I've been trying to get for a few years. It's heavy spec'ed for oil patch work.

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003-2.jpg

Talked to the owner again less than an 1/2 hour ago. Scrapped it a month ago, forgot some "damn fool yankee wanted the piece of crap. Wish I could have seen his face when I told him I'd have given him 5 times the scrap value in cash. I've called him every 2 months for over 2 years.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Talked to the owner again less than an 1/2 hour ago. Scrapped it a month ago, forgot some "damn fool yankee wanted the piece of crap. Wish I could have seen his face when I told him I'd have given him 5 times the scrap value in cash. I've called him every 2 months for over 2 years.

That's is a shame. What a dumb@ss!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.