Well I did it again, another Mack will soon be in the stable.

cf685f

I ask the seller to take pictures this weekend of the truck and let me know the current condition of the truck, he did and we got even more excited to rescue the truck. I just received another email starting he decided to sell the truck to a friend.

Well, I am alittle bent out of the frame because I have two non-refundable hotels booked, I have a non refundable deposit for a rented trailer to get the truck, I just bought all those parts/oil at NAPA and he has my deposit. Since its a family forum, I let you fill in the words that are in my head. I am out a bunch now, so I am going to have to eat it.

If you all buy something from Rich Krett in New Castle, DE beware. I would suggest you buy it in person as a verbal handshake between FFs is worth nothing. He wont respond any more in email or by phone. His excuse in a one sentence email is that he didnt get my deposit quick enough. My response was you could have called, written, or let me know you needed it immediately besides you been emailing me pictures telling us you accepted our offer up to the day prior that email. I will keep you all posted on whether or not my deposit comes back.

Sorry man. That is NOT a KooL story!

I hope that something can be resolved. Sending more pictures and confirming the purchase and then backing out would make me jump in the car to go find him and chat about the situation.

In my world, a deal is a deal.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Sorry man. That is NOT a KooL story!

I hope that something can be resolved. Sending more pictures and confirming the purchase and then backing out would make me jump in the car to go find him and chat about the situation.

In my world, a deal is a deal.

I agree......if someone had my deposit I would be making a trip.....Sorry the deal fell apart for you....not the way to treat people!

Bummer; Just remember what is meant to be is what will happen. There is a reason for everything, even if it takes a lifetime to find out what it is.

In the meanwhile keep looking and if anyone knows of a B model for sale let Tim know.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Good to hear you received your deposit. It still does not make it right but it "hurts" less. As much as I hate waiting, fxfymn is right...something as good as or better will come along. Just be patient (easy for me to say).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 4 weeks later...