That fire truck, or one like it, was offered for sale by a dealer in St. Louis awhile back. $75K if I remember correctly.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That fire truck, or one like it, was offered for sale by a dealer in St. Louis awhile back. $75K if I remember correctly.

LOL,if it is the same truck,I sure hope the owner of our dealer don't find out,he'd have a heart attack,I think they only got $5k or so when they sold it.

tell me more about that R-model pickup

Mate , All I can tell you is there is a collector here with a big cheque book ..He has Bought and restored trucks he has bought here in Australia .But there is a lot of models that never came to Auistralia .I guess the R model pickup caught his eye on a buying visit .I have put up photos here of some of his trucks at previous shows .

I have a few old pictures that I saved from a calendar, one of them is a 1936 Mack Jr fire engine. There is no name on the truck but it has NY license plates. It has been beautifully restored.

Unfortunately, I can't scan it.

bulldoigboy

• 1 year later...

I am buzzy to restore a 1937 mack junior, a am buzzy now for 2.5 jrs with the restoaration.

the junior was 20 jrs ago imported from the states to holland.

the owner started the restauration but stopped bij 10%.

the truck has bin 20 jrs in a container in parts.

in 2011 i bougt the truck in parts and started the restauration.

if anyone have information , fotos or brochures over juniors i am interested.

• Like 1

You fellas are great. Thanks a bunch for the info, this is giving me something to go by. Great information.

Kevin All has one for sale. It was on eBay for a while. Has all the parts to finish. His phone number off the top of my head is 607-652-7704.

That R model pckup looks familiar too,looks like the exporters have been busy.

SUPERDOG, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS THE EXPORTERS MATE! I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I THINK IT WAS MORE TO DO WITH THE EXCHANGE RATE THERE FOR A WHILE. THERE IS A LOT OF U.S. MACHINERY RUNNING AROUND OVER HERE. AT LEAST THREE EARLY MUSTANGS HAVE POPPED UP HERE IN MY LOCAL AREA ALONE. THE GOOD NEWS IS THEY'RE NOT CONVERTING THEM TO R.H.D. AND ALL THAT I'VE SEEN HAVE BEEN RESTORED TO ORIGINAL. MICK :twothumbsup:

:mack1: