Paving Mt. Wahington

Timothy Maikshilo

contains more than 100 turns and switchbacks as it snakes its way to the 6,288 foot summit......

Sounds like my last trip to Beaver Springs, PA in the ol B model......... :tease:

Thanks for posting the pics Tim.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Those are neat pictures. Isn't Mt. Washington where they got the highest wind speed ever recorded in the U.S?

You would be correct and the weather can be the severest in the country too!

When we climbed the auto road I seem to remember that a good part of it was still dirt because, we were told, that it was too steep to hold asphalt. Did they pave the entire length or just re-pave the existing paved stretches?

I cannot imagine climbing that road in a class 8 truck. Did they go all the way to the top to turn around or did they use one of the "rest" areas part way up?

And for those folks out there that have never done so put climbing the auto road on your list. It is quite a unique experience, especially in a full size pick up. It is narrow enough to require you to pull in your mirrors if you meet another truck.

The trucks went to the top and turned around. We only have one low bed that can turn around up top. The whole road is paved now.

Sounds like my last trip to Beaver Springs, PA in the ol B model......... :tease:

Thanks for posting the pics Tim.

Three good days of paving and one morning could see the ocean in Maine!

post-426-0-79982800-1370124335_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

hell let me loose with my combo up there and lets see how long it takes before I need a wrecker to lift the trailer lol. That picture is Sweet.

Don't think the cab would make that turn

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hey Randy- your favorite DQ wants to become a full scale truck stop. Neighbors are not pleased.

Public meeting going to happen to voice opinions. Trying to find date.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hey Randy- your favorite DQ wants to become a full scale truck stop. Neighbors are not pleased.

Public meeting going to happen to voice opinions. Trying to find date.

They should . haven't been there in a year or 2 until we met up. Always got trucks there and what are the neighbors all bent out of shape for? There is 1 concrete company there,and some other businesses there. Would be a good place since it is south of Ft. Pierce. They got alot of property there.

They should . haven't been there in a year or 2 until we met up. Always got trucks there and what are the neighbors all bent out of shape for? There is 1 concrete company there,and some other businesses there. Would be a good place since it is south of Ft. Pierce. They got alot of property there.

And SB 95 rest area is always packed at nite. trucks parked on the ramps all the time.

Big restaurant, parking for 87 rigs and RV's. Some of them bitched when they bought in the Florida Club and found out that there was a pig farmer near them. He been there 20 something years before

Hats off to your drivers. Unless you have been there I don't think you can appreciate what they went through.

When we did the climb in my 2500HD crew cab pick up the funniest comment we got was from a biker riding a full out hog who very much looked the part of a rough and tumble Harley rider. As I parked the truck he told my wife "You drove that thing up here. I'd never have the balls to do that."

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

hell let me loose with my combo up there and lets see how long it takes before I need a wrecker to lift the trailer lol. That picture is Sweet.

There are some tight spots for sure and such great views!

Tim did you guys tar and chip the road after it was paved to seal it? It kind of looks like it in the pic with the lowboy.

Rob

Rob it's not chip seal that is the color of the mix after a few weeks.

Hats off to your drivers. Unless you have been there I don't think you can appreciate what they went through.

When we did the climb in my 2500HD crew cab pick up the funniest comment we got was from a biker riding a full out hog who very much looked the part of a rough and tumble Harley rider. As I parked the truck he told my wife "You drove that thing up here. I'd never have the balls to do that."

The whole place was closed during the paving for three days and you could go anywhere to have a look. Pretty interesting spot here in northern New England!post-426-0-17499300-1370185502_thumb.jpgpost-426-0-58861600-1370185556_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

There was snow in the White and Green Mts. last night; saw pictures of Mount Mansfield, VT and Bretton Woods, NH covered in snow. Littleton, NH received about 4 inches.

Drove through Hinsdale, MA last Sunday; first time in my life although I have been to Hinsdale, NH several times.

bulldogboy

if you blinked more than once you missed the town.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"