Want Fire Truck Parts

Greg Rider

:unsure: I am looking for a bone yard for fire trucks in Ohio or Western Pa.Even a yard that has some fire equipment would be a start.I was told about one in the Columbus area but have had no luck finding them.Adelmans here locally only has a few that are mid '80s or early '90s from Chicago FD B) .They had a few :mack1: B model dumps and tractors but they were wore out :( units from Kenmore Construction.I mainly want to look for a front mount pump.It doesn't need to pass inspection,just be able to pump some water at musters or shows.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

:unsure: I am looking for a bone yard for fire trucks in Ohio or Western Pa.Even a yard that has some fire equipment would be a start.I was told about one in the Columbus area but have had no luck finding them.Adelmans here locally only has a few that are mid '80s or early '90s from Chicago FD B) .They had a few :mack1: B model dumps and tractors but they were wore out :( units from Kenmore Construction.I mainly want to look for a front mount pump.It doesn't need to pass inspection,just be able to pump some water at musters or shows.

Well, it probably won't help you any Greg, but there are about five fire trucks that are going to be disposed of in the San Fernando valley area of Los Angeles. They are sitting behind the county's fire equipment repair station on Sepulveda Blvd just south of Burbank Ave. One is a Mack, I believe a late 1940's, another is a Diamond T, and I don't recall what the others are, but all are from the 1930's to early 50's. I wish someone would restore them, or at least buy them to part out. I hate to see them all go to the scrap crusher. Someone has stripped the dash gauges out of the Mack, but otherwise the trucks are mostly complete. If anyone is interested and needs better directions, let me know. They are not visible from the street.

Steve

Thanks everybody for the response.I don't think I could afford the shipping from California on a complete truck! I would love to contact them and see if they are going to part them out or sell whole.My truck was bought as a cab & chassis and then converted in Canton by Ted Dunlops Garage.So far I've been told it was for Republic Steel in Canton,but I haven't been able to prove that part yet.I wrote to American Fire Apparatus Co. with my chassis no. and gave them the serial no. from their tag that is on the seat base to see what they could tell me.The previous owner took the pump and bed off :angry: and put the 12' flatbed on it.I haven't been able to contact him to see where the stuff went,I think he passed away and the family sold the truck.I know that it was a "bumper pumper" because if you look real close at the pics,there is a section of grill missing at the bottom where the pump was mounted.

#1 on A-model registry

• 3 months later...

Thanks to everyone who wrote about my request.I found a body and front mount pump outside of Newcomerstown,Oh. which is about an hour from me.In response to CF686F1292, Mack didn't assemble my truck as a fire truck.It was sent as a chassis to a place called Ted Dunlops Garage in Canton,Oh. They did the conversion on it using a pump and body from American Fire Apparatus Co. out of Detroit.Last I knew they moved to Ky. but the phone no. on their website is wrong and I have gotton no response by mail.The notch in my grill is too big for a hand crank,my '47 PowerWagon has a crank hole and it is only about 1" in dia.It couldn't be for suction either because it is inline with the crank and there is not enough room between everything up there.I want to apologize to everybody for not responding sooner,but I was recalled from layoff at East Mfg.and don't have computer availability like I did.I have a part time job as an EMT at a private ambulance company and was working there during layoff which I was gratefull for.It helped pay the bills and I could use the 'puter during down time. I apologize again for the delay. PS:My 20yo stepson leaves for Marine Corps. boot camp on Easter Sunday! Mom and I are very proud!

#1 on A-model registry