PennDOT rigs/plows

What the hell is all that crap behind the cab? And why does it need a stand alone cab guard? Looks like they over complicated a dump truck by about $100,000.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

What the hell is all that crap behind the cab? And why does it need a stand alone cab guard? Looks like they over complicated a dump truck by about $100,000.

That is 120 gallon tank to hold brine. Basic it spray on salt as it comes out of salt spreader, so material work faster on roadway to melt snow and ice.

basically it works to rot your vehicle away quicker... because the government up here seems to think we need the roads BARE at all times and covered with salt for all the morans who cant drive with a little snow on the road...

True but biggest issue is that state government is getting tied of being sue for people that can not drive.

basically it works to rot your vehicle away quicker... because the government up here seems to think we need the roads BARE at all times and covered with salt for all the morans who cant drive with a little snow on the road...

True but biggest issue is that state government is getting tied of being sue for people that can not drive.

Now theyre getting sued for people cars and trucks rotting out in a year or so.

Matt

They spray the brine here too but not much and only before possible snow, then they switch to salt spreaders. TDOT uses big plastic tanks in the beds of dump trucks with a PVC drip bar a foot or two off the ground, they just open the valve and let it run out in 9 or 10 little streams as they drive.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

They spray the brine here too but not much and only before possible snow, then they switch to salt spreaders. TDOT uses big plastic tanks in the beds of dump trucks with a PVC drip bar a foot or two off the ground, they just open the valve and let it run out in 9 or 10 little streams as they drive.

Thats what they do here

Matt

Well TDOT is on a roll, two days of salting and spreading brine and two days of ice free roads. Monday afternoon they started spreading brine on all the bridges, hills and ramps, and guess what......no ice Tuesday morning! Oh by the way it rained an inch(literally) Monday night and never got below 38 degrees but in trots defense the said there wouldn't be ablny slick spots and it worked. Then last night they salted bridges, etc again saying they had it under control and the roads would be clear, guess what.....they were clear this morning....amazing! I applaud TDOT's efforts and their excellent record, so far they are two for two this year they put down due ICER and there was no ice, oh yeah and it didn't get below 34 last night and was so windy the roads were mostly dry by morning but hey it worked no ice. Wtf? LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hell I didn't think Tn did a damn thing. Go to Memphis and ice all over. For that matter fawking Ia seems like they don't want to do a damn thing. Only salt shaker we saw yesterday was just south of Cedar Rapids on 80. other then that it was game on. Had to sit for over an hour for the roads to clear alittle. Busted my ass getting fuel, Legs and hip still hurt.even then it looked like a war zone with cars and trucks all over the road.Had to lift the tag axle a few times as I would start to slip ever so slightly going up hill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where do you guys run at? I'm in a hired plow for PennDOT right outside of Philly. Working the nightmare between 9th and the Boulevard and the Girard exit of 76. Going on 17 hours.

I'm out of Lehigh county, I couldn't imagine doing anywhere in Philadelphia. I'm gonna buy a rig and sub contract for the state next year instead of working here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk