Man those are some cool pictures!!! I've never seen them except for one. Would you maybe have any un-known to me U model pictures? :-)

Thanks for the Bulldog aircraft pics!!!

With this website you learn new things everyday! i like the bulldog on the side.

300+ in that sweet ass R model i see. wonder where it is now....

• Like 1

300+ in that sweet ass R model i see. wonder where it is now....

Matt you should paint your R model like that and make a replica. Yours has a hood scoop don't it?

nope, i put took the oil bath air cleaner off and put the junky new style on with the two inlets BUT i do have a hood scoop. just have to figure out how to make up some mounts for it under the hood as it was not meant to mount to an old style radiator

nope, i put took the oil bath air cleaner off and put the junky new style on with the two inlets BUT i do have a hood scoop. just have to figure out how to make up some mounts for it under the hood as it was not meant to mount to an old style radiator

I'm sure you can make it work.

This is very interesting to me since i'm also a pilot. Too bad the NTSB reports do not give the probable cause of this accident. My first guess is weather related.....fog and spatial orientation. When we have safety meetings at BNA, several times per year, it is an extensive event. But the knowledge has to be applied, the next time a pilot flies. Problem with this is......did the safety meeting soak in to the brains of a pilot?And how much did the pilot learn at the meeting? It is fact, that majority of the time it is pilot mistake or error and not maintenance related.

Thanks for sharing.

mike

What a waste, owning and maintaining a fleet of aircraft. This and other corporate overspending helped put Mack in to serious trouble by the late 1970's

Seems like an awful lot of money to me to fly such short distances. I will agree it is a great tool for management, however it seems there was a lot of hardware sitting on the ground.

I remember reading a story about a trucker that had a wiring problem with his LJ (I think) and needed a new harness. Mr. Hansen dispatched one of the planes to land at a local airport and deliver the much needed part. Don't know all the particulars,but it sounded like damn good P.R. to me! Know anything about that, kscarbel?

I remember reading a story about a trucker that had a wiring problem with his LJ (I think) and needed a new harness. Mr. Hansen dispatched one of the planes to land at a local airport and deliver the much needed part. Don't know all the particulars,but it sounded like damn good P.R. to me! Know anything about that, kscarbel?

I recall an incident involving one of the many Macks that the U.S. Arrmy once operated, but this was much further back, in 1931. As in your recollection, the parts required were expedited via aircraft.

Note the parts were expedited directly from the Plainfield, New Jersey plant (http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/34219-mack-trucks-the-facilities/).

post-16320-0-49748700-1392024575_thumb.j

Can you imagine Uncle Sam letting a civilian on a plane to fix a truck these days? It would cost a million bucks and take 6 months to approve it! My how times have changed.

Wow I have had a quick glance at this thread before but that pin is pretty cool looking thing to me 
And welcome to the forum aabeck 

Paul

My father was one of the men killed in the November 6, 1969 crash of the Mack Learjet.  This year will mark the 50th anniversary of that tragic event.  Anyone out there remember any of them?  I would love to hear any stories you may have.

• Like 1

I have only read about the unfortunate accident. I did get a copy of the official FAA accident report. I am a pilot as well as a Mack collector so it is of interest to me as well. Was your father a Mack employee? How old were you then?

On 9/24/2019 at 9:46 PM, 110669bulldog said:

My father was one of the men killed in the November 6, 1969 crash of the Mack Learjet.  This year will mark the 50th anniversary of that tragic event.  Anyone out there remember any of them?  I would love to hear any stories you may have.

My uncle was on that plane as well. Never found his remains. Lots of unanswered questions. He left six children behind

• Like 1