1960 B61, Customer wants modern trans & rear to acheive normal roadspeeds.

That truck has been restored at least once, DOT numbers did not come out until the mid 90's, before that they were ICC numbers so the DOT number and phone number dont jive on the door. Milage is probably since last restoration.

The letters also look like they are not painted on

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

That truck has been restored at least once, DOT numbers did not come out until the mid 90's, before that they were ICC numbers so the DOT number and phone number dont jive on the door. Milage is probably since last restoration.

The letters also look like they are not painted on

I was made aware of this truck in the late 80's.

At that time I had a cherry little '53 B-42 that had 12K actual verifiable miles on it and the guy that owned this truck was among those who came to see it.

He told me about this original B-61 that he claimed to have bought new while living in New Jersey in '60

Just a few months later I was at his shop and this truck was there and hooked to a single axle lowboy(he was using it to haul his grading equipment)

If you've ever driven any where around the North Side of Atlanta you'd know that even the slowest of vehicles drive faster than 70MPH and he used this truck to haul construction equipment so I seriously doubt the 45MPH claim.

I'm almost certain that it was in the early 90's when he restored it because he called me about some parts that he needed and I put him on to Tidewater Mack back when OEM parts were still affordable.

The phone # on the door is a joke from HEE HAW the prime time country TV show from the 60's & 70's and Junior Samples one of it's country comedian performers.( and his portrayal of a wanna-be used car salesman)

When I finally put on my glasses so I could see the pictures of the truck better I caught the BR 549 and the Jersey, Ga. reference.

Though it didn't have this lettering on it at the time I saw it I still feel that this is the same truck.