1986 Rd600 Help..

YeaItsSlo

I have 86 RD600, and im triyng to figure out what tranny i have.. there is 10 foward gears + deep reduction.. and multiple reverse gears.. Also i know its the 350hp motor, and im looking to get more power out of it.. What can i do??

Also is my engine brake adjustable??

Sounds like a Mack 12 speed! As far as I know the brake is not adjustable.

• 2 weeks later...

If your tranny has a basic 5 speed with the air shift rear compound on the stick with H-D-N-R as read left to right and the dash mounted front compound deep reduction then you likely have the TRTXL1070(B) 12 speed. That's what I've got in my RD. The front compound can only be used in the first gear but is good for D, H and R.

I've never had a tranny that offered 5 speeds for the pto unit but is nice to have a selection!

I don't know of any way to adjust the retarder, although I wish I could.

If you have the E6-350 4v, there are some posts on how to turn up the fuel. You will need to do a search and make sure it is for the right pump. I did that to mine and it made quite a difference. You might also check that the puff limiter is working correctly or is removed so that it allows the rack to travel to the full fuel position. Watch your pyrometer and turbo pressure to make sure that you don't over do it and cook anything you don't want melted or scorched.

Edited by treemuncher