A model parts source?

That last problem is mine. I need a cab. Otherwise I am going to be really good at welding. That one looks more solid then mine.

This is in Black Bear Idaho the ad is for the ashtray (!) but he has a photo of the A Model he's parting out. Cab looks complete and solid. Paul

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-A-Model-Mack-Truck-Ash-Tray-Handle-Box-/290670606436?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ad517864&vxp=mtr

post-3242-0-26401400-1367338325_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Finding engine parts for the END 510 Mack Diesel is very frustrating it is for me anyway. I bought some rings for 510 gas engine that I think will work ,the diesel has 1 more ringIf your base for the radiator bulldog is intact you are lucky. I think they were made just for the A-Model B and L-Models are not the same. People want the Bulldog and rip it off anyway possible. E-Model cabs are basicaly the same but front tin is A-model specific. Good Luck Joe D.

Yes lanova parts seem extinct. I am thankful mine actually runs. How well is yet to be determined. I have just been tearing it down and spending hours upon hours cleaning off dirt and rust. The grill is completely torn down and under restoration. I emailed the idaho guy to find out exactly what chassis that A is.

I've got a couple of the smaller Lanova's for parts ,one is complete and still in what's left of a truck,just the way I got it,cab,fenders,part orf a frame,engine & trans.,the other is incomplete,old block and at least one head,block has been outside,don't know if it could be salvaged or not.

I have had a very hard time finding parts for my Lanova. My mechanic bought a spare motor off of Roger Gerhart, but still need to have 8 valves made. He had to get a part for the air compressor made in Mexico. He has been working on the LFT on and off since November of 2010, but finally has it running. It should be at Macungie. I will post pictures of it after it makes its appearance there. I have an A20 parts truck, but it is a flat head gas and is very rusty. I did use some brake parts off of it for my 405A because the postal service lost the originals when I sent them to be rebuilt. Good Luck. Mike