Adjusting a Spicer clutch

diggerpro

I recently bought a DM Mack triaxle and today I went to adjust the clutch and it is different than the others that I own. I used to use a special tool and you removed the lock tab and bolted the tool on and used it to move the collar on the pressure plate. This one appears to have a hex head piece that I think has a gear on the back of it to move an internal ring , It has a spring behind it and you press it down to turn the adjuster. I moved it both directions today ( a little) and was wondering what direction the hex piece should be turned to get more adjustment on the clutch-

5/8 wrench, turn clockwise. wiggle it a little to make sure the spring pushes it back out

Yup, I use a shallow 5/8" socket on a medium length ratchet, push in and turn it doesnt take much with that style to see a difference at the pedal. Oh and like hatcity said make sure the detent engages when your done!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

A 24" prybar is my favorite for holding the clutch down while I adjust one fits right between the seat and pedal and you can slide the seat up to get it down farther if you need to.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Remember don't over do it, a little goes a long way and spec is 1.5-2" free play at the top of the pedal.