Mack MH Freedom Series trucks

few years back one went to an auction. it went thrue a truck 'dealer'. When i contacted them they told me it was srapt and I ask for remaining parts. the answer was nothing. I drove 350 miles to get theyre, and it was true. I was almost sure the cab would still be there but I guess they ran over it with their dozer just for the fun of doing it. it was a sad day.

From the sales material I have have they were were all Mack "Phantom Gray, metallic, with red accent striping and the stylized Statue of Liberty decals". The frame is Imron black.

The big push was for front to back, all parts and labor warranty (not tires and filters), for 3 years/ 300,000 miles. "...virtual freedom from repair costs..."

Everything I found so far shows ordered in spring/ summer 1986 and delivered in October, November, December 1986 as 1987 model year.

Thunderdog has gotten me one VIN, but I'm still looking for more #'s

• 5 months later...

I had a really nice B&W factory photo of a pair of Freedom Series tractors and MH and RW but have since lost track of it,heres a short article from the Allentown Paper at the time Mack announced them................................................Mark

http://articles.mcall.com/1986-07-19/business/2542048_1_mack-trucks-truck-customer-statue

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks for the article. I fyou find the pictures, I could really use them.

There here somewhere! I wanted them to put up in my toyroom,but still haven't unpacked a good many things from when we moved (5 years ago!) i'm sure they'll turn up eventually. I sent away for a promotional package from Mack when they came out,had a nice brochure and a B&W 8"X 10" picture IIRC.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

There here somewhere! I wanted them to put up in my toyroom,but still haven't unpacked a good many things from when we moved (5 years ago!) i'm sure they'll turn up eventually. I sent away for a promotional package from Mack when they came out,had a nice brochure and a B&W 8"X 10" picture IIRC.....................Mark

Mark...you are a wealth of information, most of it very useful too! :twothumbsup:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 5 years later...
18 hours ago, PLF said:

Don't know if you are still researching Mack Freedom series Limited Edition, but I have one and was wondering the same thing, how many are left out there.

Mine is a 1987 RW713 Freedom Edition day cab.  Picture attached.

What a beautiful truck you have!

There's another Liberty RW with a big sleeper in the Netherlands and as I was told and if the memory serves 4 Superliners more were known existing. MH's is another story, have no idea of.

MackDag.2016_1518.1.jpg

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, PLF said:

Don't know if you are still researching Mack Freedom series Limited Edition, but I have one and was wondering the same thing, how many are left out there.

Mine is a 1987 RW713 Freedom Edition day cab.  Picture attached.

1987 Mack May 2018 (2).JPG

I don't know if phildirt contacted you or not. What's the vin?? The Mack Museum has a registry. I can give them your info or you can contact them direct.

Thanks, Josh