:SMOKIE-LFT: If she's modeling with an F model She's definitely old enough to be my mom. But I have to agree with you on that one she looks good in those white pants. I bet she don't look like that now though. LOL.

think its the same chick,,,in both photo,s and yes i think shes adorable but also old enough to be my mom.lo lbob

think its the same chick,,,in both photo,s and yes i think shes adorable but also old enough to be my mom.lo lbob

same models in both pics...F and chick. It would be interesting to see them now (both models).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

so did the small block letters get used on all the F models and didnt get changed to the bigger letters like the R models did?

think thats what i asked?? haha

i had a 62,,,i swore the letter were big,,,but i believe ya,,,thanks bob

I think I was just used, I feel so cheap!!! :whistling:

Ron

• Like 1

Taken at Gerhart's in 2010. V8 power!!

Chuck,

#169 is a 1964 F-715T now owned by Mike Yarnall.

It's chassis number is F715T1340.

Originally built with a 255 H.P. END864 and a TRT7220 13 speed triplex transmission.

In the mid seventies the engine was replaced with a 270 H.P. END864C.

Ron

Chuck,

#169 is a 1964 F-715T now owned by Mike Yarnall.

It's chassis number is F715T1340.

Originally built with a 255 H.P. END864 and a TRT7220 13 speed triplex transmission.

In the mid seventies the engine was replaced with a 270 H.P. END864C.

Ron

Thanks for the background info on the truck. This board is full of excellent resources including yourself.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Taken at Gerhart's in 2010. V8 power!!

That is one good looking F model. Ron's brother Tom said it blew up its first V8 on its first trip to Baltimore. It went right back to Mack for a new one. It is at least on the third, maybe more. I have the last engine out of it as a parts engine.

Here are a bunch of F models in near Huntington Pa in my gallery. http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9983-raystown-mack-f-models-043/ Mike

That is one good looking F model. Ron's brother Tom said it blew up its first V8 on its first trip to Baltimore. It went right back to Mack for a new one. It is at least on the third, maybe more. I have the last engine out of it as a parts engine.

Here are a bunch of F models in near Huntington Pa in my gallery. http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9983-raystown-mack-f-models-043/ Mike

Those are some cool F models. I wish I had a good bumper like that on my U model!!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Mike

Now that the weather is nice I am going to drive to Huntington and try to get some updated pics.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

That's absolutely correct, the block had a sand hole in it and the crankcase filled up with water!

But after that that motor stayed in it till it had a little over 900,000 miles on it, had been inframed at least a couple of times but it was still the same motor.

The motor was finally pulled because the oil pressure was low due to worn cam bushings. That's when the "C" engine was installed.

Ron

• 1 month later...

So whats the story on those F-models ? Parts maybe ??!!

It sure is a shame....

Jake,

They had an ENDTB675 engine with a 5-speed main and Hi-Lo-Rev on 2nd stick. Built on an H-Beam chassis with #80,000 rear walking beam suspension and #23,000 front axle. 7.58 rear end ratio. No radio, no A/C but it did have a power r/s window. They had 15 cu. yard Challenge-Cooke mixers with 400 gallon water tanks if memory serves me. These were the last mixers Certified got with chain driven barrels and PTO driven water pumps for mixer water. The Crane Carriers that came several years after had hydraulically driven barrels and pressurized water.

John

John I was waiting for you to post your pictures in this thread. You cant have an F model thread without these beauties..THe F model cab and the CF fire apparatus cab are just about exactly the same if you compare them. Its just how they sit on the chassis that make them different

• Like 1

Local 282 Union Service

So whats the story on those F-models ? Parts maybe ??!!

It sure is a shame....

I have not talked to the owner, but I am told he has no interest in selling them. Most of the sheet metal is junk by now. Yes it is a shame. Mike

• 8 years later...

My late Father drove (and also died while driving) a white F model rig for a Georgia-based company by the name of Turpin Trucking Co. in Hiawassee, GA.  He and my Mom (who he taught to drive the truck, thank God) were on their way back from New York when my Father peacefully passed away while driving.  But, he lived just long enough to yell to my Mom that he was passing out & that he loved her & me (it was later ruled that he had suffered a massive heart attack while at the wheel).  

My Mom has never gotten over that event even now.  :(  I was only three years old at the time.  Mom told me once that Dad hadn't been feeling very well during the entire trip and, eerily told my Mom that the trip would be his last and that he was going to get a "regular" job so he could stay home and watch me grow up and be the Dad he was supposed to be.  Unfortunately, those plans never worked out.  

I still miss him to this very day even though I've got a wonderful Stepfather whom I love very much.  He, himself, has suffered from COPD/Emphysema since the early-2000s.  

Thanks for the photos of the "F" Mack COEs.....the photos have brought back a lot of bittersweet memories for me.  But, if I were ever given the chance, I would love to ride in another one someday before it's my time to leave this world.  I'm mildly disabled with Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus but I would also love to even drive an "F" COE, even though I was told a long time ago that I would never be able to get license to drive anything.  😢 

The guy that owns the only "R" model Mack from the 1978 movie, "Convoy", lives in the NE part of Georgia and I would LOVE to be able to see that truck, too!  Unfortunately, I probably won't ever be going down that way again because, to make it easier on my parents & I, he has appointed some doctors in north Georgia to oversee my heart condition (I have a 'rogue vein' that goes right across my heart that's been there since I was born.....but we didn't know it until several years ago!).