i had one bad experience with the Harbor tunnel in a truck,back when i started at Atlas Van Lines,we had four single axle F-models,all identical specs.237,5 speeds etc.that were sold and being replaced with White Road Commanders,3 were sold to COVAN moving systems down in GA, but our branch office in Mannassas,VA wanted one for a "yard dog" and me being new volunteered to drive it down from Jersey (bobtail) and bring back a KW cabover that had been re-posessed from an Owner-Operator. Well,trip did'nt start out bad,till i got to Baltimore and the tunnel,i hit a pothole so hard just before entering the tube, that the passenger side door popped open! and of course they were working on the tunnel,so it was two-way traffic in the tube! i could'nt stop (safely) could'nt see shit! on the right side with the door open,and mirror screwed up,so i had no idea how close i was to the side of the tunnel wall! lucliky i got through all right,only needed a change of shorts! came out the other side,got stopped,and shut/strapped the door closed,and was on my way.Gotta say it scared the living shit outta me at the time,i still don't like going through that tunnel,i try and run 50/301 whenever possible...................................Mark

You tend to remember shit like that Mark!

Ron

You tend to remember shit like that Mark!

Ron

Indeed! only problem is i can't remember what i had for breakfast today,but can remember something from 20 years ago like it was yesterday! LOL!....................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You're half right Dave!

#199 was a '68 400 series Brockway originally built with a 318 Detroit and a five speed Fuller.

By the time this picture was taken it had been changed over to a 237 Maxidyne with a five speed Maxitorque.

Was a better truck than when it was new!

Ron

You could have taken that Detroit out and replaced it with a Renault engine and it would have been better

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Here's a Sara Lee F model that was on the cover of "Trucking Business" magazine.I bought this mag off of Mr. Lou Kroak at Macungie a few years back.You might remember Mr. Kroak as the "Table Top Trucker" model builder in OWNER/OPERATOR magazine.post-510-0-59158100-1366432945_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Certified Industries F-900 (F-985) They bought 45 of these in 1973. Would love to find one today. Heard from the exporter that they were shipped to Nicaragua.

CertifiedIndustries0006.jpg

This was my daily ride when I worked there.

CertifiedIndustries0002.jpg

That's awesome. What were the specs on these trucks?

• Like 1

Jake

That's awesome. What were the specs on these trucks?

Jake,

They had an ENDTB675 engine with a 5-speed main and Hi-Lo-Rev on 2nd stick. Built on an H-Beam chassis with #80,000 rear walking beam suspension and #23,000 front axle. 7.58 rear end ratio. No radio, no A/C but it did have a power r/s window. They had 15 cu. yard Challenge-Cooke mixers with 400 gallon water tanks if memory serves me. These were the last mixers Certified got with chain driven barrels and PTO driven water pumps for mixer water. The Crane Carriers that came several years after had hydraulically driven barrels and pressurized water.

John

I sure don't know, but that model in the white pants sure has a fine looking ass!

:SMOKIE-LFT: If she's modeling with an F model She's definitely old enough to be my mom. But I have to agree with you on that one she looks good in those white pants. I bet she don't look like that now though. LOL.

Jake,

They had an ENDTB675 engine with a 5-speed main and Hi-Lo-Rev on 2nd stick. Built on an H-Beam chassis with #80,000 rear walking beam suspension and #23,000 front axle. 7.58 rear end ratio. No radio, no A/C but it did have a power r/s window. They had 15 cu. yard Challenge-Cooke mixers with 400 gallon water tanks if memory serves me. These were the last mixers Certified got with chain driven barrels and PTO driven water pumps for mixer water. The Crane Carriers that came several years after had hydraulically driven barrels and pressurized water.

John

John,

Now I know how CCC got permission from Mack to use there there R-700 cab on a I- beam frame for our tractors at Colonial S&S thy must have traded off one for the other

BULLHUSK

• Like 1