Excavators.

RFCDrum

2 stack, those 345B's are great machines, I like the older 350's but the 345 will do the same work and is a little lighter and faster. I still think the best all around track hoe is a 330 CAT with a 13'6" stick and a 60" bucket you can dig fast and load trucks quick too. We had a 60"wX60" tall mass exc. bucket we used on 330C's and you could load a triaxle in 4-5 buckets pretty easy if you did your part, the long stick and the 330B didnt get along with the big bucket but the C model handled it fine. I think it was either 60 or 72" buckets on all the 345's, I prefer a 72" for loading but for digging a 60" gets you more breakout force.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

that 235 look slike a Cat reman that or they got the reman stipe kit and repainted it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

235 is one of the best excavators ever built. More power then a 345 and had the ass to back it up. We had 1 with I think it was a 3 yard bucket. Might of been a 2. It was to big for the machine and when you extended out with a full bucket we'd bend the bucket cylinder. In south Fl we could hit cap rock and punch a hole thru it. You look at it and can tell it is a big machine.

• 2 weeks later...

So much fun I want to forget it, guy bought this Deere 450 sight unseen. It came out of Florida and was obviously a flood victim or had been working underwater.

It was overweight on the trip up so the pulled the counterweight, bucket, and crowd cylinder. Almost all the bolts from the track frame to the carbody were broken and it needed a wring harness. Banghead, Banghead and the guy thought he got a deal.

IMAG0200_zps0cb53102.jpg

IMAG0198_zps10dff7b7.jpg

IMAG0194_zpsc98170db.jpg

• Like 1

Just to get it off the low bed it needed 2 new batteries, all 3 solenoids, and some wiring. Then I had to re install the crowd cylinder, bucket and counter weight. After I got the POS back together all the other gremlins reared there ugly heads. An effing nightmare to say the least.

I've heard of alot of things on excavators but what is a crowd cylinder. Had they of used a bigger truck you can move a 450 on 8 axles.hell in Fl if your light enough and have the big blanket permit you can move them on a 147k 7 axle permit.

Interesting just never heard of it. Where did it come from? I mean what company. Some have been notorious for putting them in the drink. Alot of companies will not rent anything to these companies because they never get more then a few weeks out of a new machine

I don't know where the guy found it or who hauled it, when it came in it was on junk low bed with a pony motor for the hydraulics that I had to get running to get it off the trailer, the truck was an old cab Western Star that look like it came from Cuba. Shady deal all around, I washed my hands of this customer shortly after this.

we have an old 1979 225 at work. pretty good machine for an old girl. has a bad hydraulic leak somewhere tho, cab floor is all oil haha. we had a newer 312 to that was a pretty nice machine to run to. someone wanted it worse tho and gave 36 grand for it. we buy, sell and rent equipment at work. always something to fix

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg