Excavators.

RFCDrum

• 3 weeks later...

235 is one of the best excavators ever built. More power then a 345 and had the ass to back it up. We had 1 with I think it was a 3 yard bucket. Might of been a 2. It was to big for the machine and when you extended out with a full bucket we'd bend the bucket cylinder. In south Fl we could hit cap rock and punch a hole thru it. You look at it and can tell it is a big machine.

I ran an original 235 that had 18,000 hours on it when first got in it. I ran the thing quite a bit, probably 2500 hours or so. I always liked what a tank the thing was, but what a fuel pig. I dug a lot of deep holes with that thing, but it was pretty tired by the time it was sent to ritchie bros.

Same machine as before after it ditched the bucket in favor of this "poking stick". I'm not sure of its technical name.

dsc02349.jpg

I believe it is called a "shit fucker-upper" :)

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 2 weeks later...

I have been meaning to post this picture of the last excavator we had.It was a Cat 5110 that had a 10yd bucket that I enlarged to a 13 yd.The best we ever did we it was 463 loads in a 10 hr day.We always tried to hit the 500 load mark but couldn't quite make it.At 463 it moved 18,500 yds that day.This was the only machine that I ever saw that if you looked at it in the morning and then after it quit for the day there was a real chunk of ground that was gone.

Ryan contracting had a 5130. I heard it never did good. they where trying to replace the dragline with it had it working 24 hours a day. they kept breaking the turn table or the swing shaft on it. also heard they used D9 rippers for teeth on it. Was a hell of a beast but I think they sold it or sold it for scrap. Was bought brand new.