Vintage pics

41chevy

These are some really great pictures Paul! i am sure enjoying seeing them,i especially like the picture of "Fast Eddie" Rickenbacker,one of my childhood heroes,a man i still admire till this day!.................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I was amazed some one would toss his autographed photo in the bin! I picked up a book years ago on Torpedo Squadron Eight by John Gaye, the sole survivor of it. Autographed with a note to the book owner. No one seemed to care who he was. Had a book signed by JFK in June of 1963 given to all the families of the USS Thresher, I ended up giving it to the daughter of one of the Civilian Techs on it when it went down. Gave away a lot on money on the book and autograph, but it was the only tie she had of her father, she was 2 when it was lost. Feeling good about that is worth more than any money IMO.

First batch is all Hudson parts on way to factory. Paul

0ed6c8ed5990ef5d_landing_zps339fabf3.jpe
81fe7b5581faf35d_landing_zpsf7953b67.jpe
181c672f9e1bd12f_landing_zps1922d8ad.jpe
352db586ab3bfe3a_landing_zpsf45b6da2.jpe
9410bf4272c354d2_landing_zps134e385d.jpe
MOPAR BODIES

9b7c951dcdaad06e_landing_zps87dca332.jpe
chryslerbuiltM3leeDetroit_zps70bc306c.jp
4964_1JP2-wi-he-re1-x0-y0-sw-sh-ro-final
scrapdrive_zpsecbf198d.jpg
dbc5ae8671f0dac6_landing_zpsb2fd40c5.jpe
coneyisland1914_zpsa39d3641.jpg
coneyisland14_zpsb7bf0f9c.jpg
hmfalcon_zps42786260.jpg
n2r_zps3db36c3a.jpeg
n090383_zps4ba9a5ef.jpg
Jack10_zps8723441f.jpg
old-antique-inventions-3_zps41e16de7.jpg

HURST GIRLS and LINDA VAUGHIN

Lindaandothersat71Nationalsjpg_zpsfe5ed6
misshurstLindaV_zps8d30231d.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I was amazed some one would toss his autographed photo in the bin! I picked up a book years ago on Torpedo Squadron Eight by John Gaye, the sole survivor of it. Autographed with a note to the book owner. No one seemed to care who he was. Had a book signed by JFK in June of 1963 given to all the families of the USS Thresher, I ended up giving it to the daughter of one of the Civilian Techs on it when it went down. Gave away a lot on money on the book and autograph, but it was the only tie she had of her father, she was 2 when it was lost. Feeling good about that is worth more than any money IMO.

First batch is all Hudson parts on way to factory. Paul

0ed6c8ed5990ef5d_landing_zps339fabf3.jpe

81fe7b5581faf35d_landing_zpsf7953b67.jpe

181c672f9e1bd12f_landing_zps1922d8ad.jpe

352db586ab3bfe3a_landing_zpsf45b6da2.jpe

9410bf4272c354d2_landing_zps134e385d.jpe

MOPAR BODIES

9b7c951dcdaad06e_landing_zps87dca332.jpe

chryslerbuiltM3leeDetroit_zps70bc306c.jp

4964_1JP2-wi-he-re1-x0-y0-sw-sh-ro-final

scrapdrive_zpsecbf198d.jpg

dbc5ae8671f0dac6_landing_zpsb2fd40c5.jpe

coneyisland1914_zpsa39d3641.jpg

coneyisland14_zpsb7bf0f9c.jpg

hmfalcon_zps42786260.jpg

n2r_zps3db36c3a.jpeg

n090383_zps4ba9a5ef.jpg

Jack10_zps8723441f.jpg

old-antique-inventions-3_zps41e16de7.jpg

HURST GIRLS and LINDA VAUGHIN

Lindaandothersat71Nationalsjpg_zpsfe5ed6

misshurstLindaV_zps8d30231d.jpg

Gotta love Linda ! a fixture in drag racing for years,Remember Jungle Pam? saw her quite a few times at Englistown,NJ back before Jim got killed................................Mark

Gotta love Linda ! a fixture in drag racing for years,Remember Jungle Pam? saw her quite a few times at Englistown,NJ back before Jim got killed................................Mark

I remember Jungle Pam, I went to school with her! Pam Hardy

Jungle Jim was killed not more than a 1/16 of a mile from where I live when he ran his corvette into a Septa Bus on Rte. 3.

Ron

I remember Jungle Pam, I went to school with her!

Jungle Jim was killed not more than a 1/16 of a mile from where I live when he ran his corvette into a Septa Bus on Rte. 3.

Ron

Lucky! Pam's a real nice lady in person,i met her and had a short chance to chat a few years back at the motorsports expo in Valley Forge,got one of her pictures with the famous shorty-shorts/ go-go boots hanging up in my toyroom................sad about Jim,never met the man,but admired his showmanship,and willingness to accomodate his fans,remember seeing the pictures and reading about the crash in the Phila. Inquirer, much too young for sure.......................Mark

Lucky! Pam's a real nice lady in person,i met her and had a short chance to chat a few years back at the motorsports expo in Valley Forge,got one of her pictures with the famous shorty-shorts/ go-go boots hanging up in my toyroom................sad about Jim,never met the man,but admired his showmanship,and willingness to accomodate his fans,remember seeing the pictures and reading about the crash in the Phila. Inquirer, much too young for sure.......................Mark

Mark,

Please post the pic of Pam! Thanks!

Update...never mind Mark...I did an interweb search for "Jungle Pam". I will be back later! :whistling:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Hey, I believe I see some oil coming out of that. I hate it when they lose a contact lens when I'm ready to launch. It distracts my attention and slows my timing down.

mike

I can understand that! I would be out helping her look for it...right behind her!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

One search said this was Jungle Pam, one said it was a lookalike.

attachicon.gifJPSUMMEROF74.jpg

NY National Speedway Spring Nationals.... it was her....I tripped on my tongue. still

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE