2 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Bob and Jim, lt's now Central Auto Recyclers on Basin St off Hall St and there is still some old stuff in the yard. And Cohen Steel Supply is next door.......Hippy

Hippy-keep your eyes peeled for those red, white and green trucks-but I'm dreaming-after all this time I'm sure they are Chinese steel!

Nashua, NH Fire Department used to run this 1947 Mack "L-85F", 750/200, as Engine 4.

Didn't that end up somewhere in NJ?

Nashua sold it in 1974. I don't know the timeline but eventually it ended up in Londonderry, NH where the firefighters' association rehabbed it and lettered for Londonderry. I guess they wanted to use

it for parades, etc. but I never saw it around. Several years ago I saw it for sale on "E-bay". It was in Barre, MA at the time, the owner also had a Mack "B-21F" for sale. If it's in NJ, I'm glad to hear that it is 

still around, It was a classic Mack fire truck.

bulldogboy

Mack "CL", E-9 500, dump truck converted to a water truck. Continental Paving is one of New Hampshire's largest paving contractors. They do highways, airports, etc.

bulldogboy

IMG_0731.JPG

• Like 1

I have seen an RB and RD dumps converted to water trucks for them before. They were at Joseph Equipment.

East Conway, NH Fire Department once operated this Mack "B-42" chassis fire truck as Engine 13E2.  The body looks like either a Moody or Farrar. It looks like it might have had a front mount pump but ECFD says it was a 1000 GPM side mounted pump (must be inside the compartment). The truck was privately owned when I took this picture in 1999.

bulldogboy

ecw.jpg

Windham, NH Fire Department operated this 1973 Mack "MB", 1000/1000, as Engine 54. When it was rehabbed it was painted white over red.

bulldogboy

54.jpg

• Like 1

A visitor to New Hampshire.

bulldogboy

DSCF0633.JPG

• Like 1

Former Alton, NH Fire Department Engine 5, a 1975 Mack "MB", 1250/1000, sitting by the side of the road (and behind some weeds) in New Hampshire.

bulldogboy

DSCF0681.JPG

Waiting for spring, part 3.

bulldogboy

unnamed.jpg

Posted (edited)

A big Mack (without the "A") "DM" working at a construction site in New Hampshire.

bulldogboy

gym.jpg

Edited by bulldogboy
  • Like 1

A Mack "RD" honey wagon sitting in the rain.

bulldogboy

0.jpg

I see continental paving has all new KW T880 dumps. Been Mack for ages.

Continental spreads it around. They are still buying Mack’s.

Posted (edited)

Nice to hear. I thought I saw at one time or another Continental pavings scrap yard and it was loaded with old iron Macks. I think it may have been a you tube video.

Edited by james j neiweem

One of Nashua, NH Public Works Department's new 2019 Mack "LR", CNG powered recycling trucks. McNeilus body. There are also 2019 "LR" side loader rubbish trucks.

0.jpg

Edited by bulldogboy