New Hampshire Macks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, bulldogboy said:

Nashua, NH Fire Department's former Ladder 2, 1969 Mack "CF"/Thibault, 100'. Photo taken about 1979.

bulldogboy

l2.jpg

Looks like they had to enlarge the doors of the house. bulldogboy, ls that the Amherst St station just up from Main St?

• Like 1

No, the old Lake Street Fire Station. When the new Lake St. station was built in 1998, this station was renovated into Fire Alarm headquarters. The dispatch center is on the second floor

and the wire guys use the tubroom for their equipment, repair shop, and parking their pickup and line truck. Those doors were rebuilt a few years before this ladder was stationed there.

It originally was stationed at Central Station which was closed in 1971.

bulldogboy

Some nice equip.shown today gents! I am casually looking for a toy truck to fix up.High on the list is a B model,or an early 70's diamond reo.I considered doing a "Vintage Air" with the condenser under the stock bumper,because I didn't think there was room between the rad and the shutters on the b. There must be,since the owner of the dump must have put it there.Also,never thought of putting the dash unit under the seat,great idea ! You guys are nothing,if not innovative!!

I don't recall seeing this B61X before until this show.  Weaver has run Macks for may years so the spokes may have been in their inventory of old R parts.  The door tag indicated "X" and it had torque rods on the rear.  I was talking to a couple of friends while taking pictures and failed to look at the rear spokes for shape.

Went through one of Weaver's jobs and got a Mack in the mirror and one out the side.

Mack tri axles 4 18 2014.JPG

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

4 hours ago, j hancock said:

I don't recall seeing this B61X before until this show.  Weaver has run Macks for may years so the spokes may have been in their inventory of old R parts.  The door tag indicated "X" and it had torque rods on the rear.  I was talking to a couple of friends while taking pictures and failed to look at the rear spokes for shape.

Went through one of Weaver's jobs and got a Mack in the mirror and one out the side.

Mack tri axles 4 18 2014.JPG

Good thought on the R inventory.  They still working the pit opposite the piggy bank on 93?

2 hours ago, bulldogboy said:

A big Mack dump truck relaxing on a sunny Sunday afternoon after working hard all week.

bulldogboy

unnamed.jpg

i could deal with this one.lol.thanks bob...

On 8/28/2016 at 10:02 AM, Red Horse said:

Jim

Nice post-this is one 61X that I have never seen south of the NH-MA line before-and as Maddog said-different front spokes  --wonder if the front axle came from Global's inventory?

The square spoke hub is on the right front only;  the left front is a period correct "B" hub.  Apparently the right side has been replaced at some point.

29162937245_be4e9b061d_k.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This 1970s Mack "R" model water truck worked at Rockingham Park in Salem, NH. The "Ole Rock" was a thoroughbred and harness racing track well known throughout the world of

horse racing. It recently closed after 110 years of operation; in recent years there was no live racing, only simulcasting. I don't know the specs on this truck but as it only watered

down the track between races it probably doesn't have a lot of mileage. This truck and other equipment will soon be auctioned off.

Back in the 1960s I remember the "Rock" had a larger Mack "E" model (maybe an "EM" or "EQ") water truck. They threw a few lengths of 1 1/2" fire hose on the front fender and that was

their fire truck to protect the stable areas. I wish that I had a picture of that truck. In 1980 the grandstand was destroyed in a spectacular fire; the "E" was long gone by then but it would

have been a sight to see it fighting the fire alongside Salem's fleet of Mack "CF" apparatus.

bulldogboy

rockmack.jpg

mackrock.jpg

Edited by bulldogboy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...