Some B Model action..

I'd have bet money with the budd wheels and what appeared to be an air start tank on the right,it was ex-Celli.

The Meyer Bros. seemed to be in competition with Celli for "shaving" weight from a truck.Yes it did have air start,but Lenzini changed it to electric Tom said.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The guys from First Gear spent alot of time at my place when the were designing their first B model replica.They really enjoyed the fact I had some B models partially dismantled so they could see things not visible in a complete one.

They also used a '47 Fruehauf single axle van trailer I used to own as a model for their little van trailer.

• Like 2

The guys from First Gear spent alot of time at my place when the were designing their first B model replica.They really enjoyed the fact I had some B models partially dismantled so they could see things not visible in a complete one.

They also used a '47 Fruehauf single axle van trailer I used to own as a model for their little van trailer.

Pretty neat- I have a First Gear B model mixer.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I take it you don't live far from Peosta, Iowa where they are located.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

in that case Mike, i have about 5 grand worth of your trucks, trailers and van trailers in Diecast haha

I hear ya,Matt.I do have a few they gave me,but had to buy most.

There's a few minor things they copied that weren't quite period corrct or factory installed,the ether cap on top of the air cleaner,the van trailer had newer dollies and the front angle brace was torched off so it wouldn't catch the tractor frame,some extra lights,on the lowboy,the king pin had been moved and there was an extension welded on the front,they copied it exactly,along with the homemade ramps,and deck boards installed width ways instead of lengthways(had new deck when I bought it).On the 1/25th scale B-61ST,they copied my Bett's coil spring mudflap hangers with the corners cut at an angle.

• Like 1

Nice picture Dave! thanks for posting,looks like it might be a grounds / roads truck for Princeton University?............................................Mark

Close but no cigar. The IAS has its own campus adjacent to Princeton University. Maybe Albert Einstein drove it while he was there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_Advanced_Study

• Like 2

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Nice picture Dave! thanks for posting,looks like it might be a grounds / roads truck for Princeton University?............................................Mark

Mark,

That would be PU for short,right? :loldude: Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA