Some B Model action..

BModelandshovel.jpg

I know the truck well. Spend a weekend with him and his wife last year at our big show in Ashland Ohio. I'm horrible with names, but very nice people and very nice truck. His wife even drove it in the slow truck race.

He put on quite a show trying to get it back on the trailer on Sunday. Had a time getting it over the hump onto the drop dropdeck. Had to really get a run(going BACKWARDS) to get it to crest and not just slip the tires. Had me nervous!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Another RGS B model from John Hoppes

They kept this truck until the company shut down. John said he took these pictures in the 80's. I tried to buy this truck, but it was already sold when I got there. I think it was the nicest of the old trucks they had. I like the ones I got, but I really like this one. I offered the new owner $1000 over what he paid. He said "no, thank you."

I think the dump I posted earlier has the 5 speed out of the CF in it. I don't know if it has anything behind it. I will ask him when I see him next.

Mike

attachicon.gifscan0001.jpgattachicon.gifscan0004.jpgattachicon.gifscan0003.jpgattachicon.gifscan0002.jpg....Some old snapshots of B models in our area.Pictures 1,2,and 4 were of my first boss' truck,a 1961 B-613S. He is in the dump trailer (in t-shirt & Levi's) getting the load off "the hard way" after his driver took a turn too fast! Picture 3 is a brand new Galion dump trailer that was built for John Yazel,Sunrise Cartage of Crystal Lake,Ill.These pictures were loaned to me by Bob Wheelock,who drove the B for Rick Leach in pictures 1 & 2.

Great pictures Al!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Another RGS B model from John Hoppes

This was unit #154 1958 B-61, Chassis #B61T21337

Originally built built with an air starter and of course was a naturally aspirated END673, trans. was a nine speed overdrive duplex.

This tractor was originally purchased to haul milk from Camden. N.J. to points at the Jersey shore when we hauled milk for Sealtest.

It was one of a matched pair the other being unit #155 with corresponding chassis #B61T21338.

After National Dairy, in the mid sixties, decided that they didn't need our services anymore they were used to haul horses.

They were first taken to Camden Mack to be converted to electric start and were upgraded to turbos.

They were used to shuttle horses between Belmont and Aqueduct during racing days.

Ron

• Like 2

This was unit #154 1958 B-61, Chassis #B61T21337

Originally built built with an air starter and of course was a naturally aspirated END673, trans. was a nime speed overdrive duplex.

This tractor was originally purchased to haul milk from Camden. N.J. to points at the Jersey shore when we hauled milk for Sealtest.

It was one of a matched pair the other being unit #155 with corresponding chassis #B61T21338.

After National Dairy, in the mid sixties, decided that they didn't need our services anymore they were used to haul horses.

They were first taken to Camden Mack to be converted to electric start and were upgraded to turbos.

They were used to shuttle horses between Belmont and Aqueduct during racing days.

Ron

I never get tired of seeing pics of your family's old trucks,Ron.You guys had a helluva nice fleet.

• Like 1

Ron,i agree with Mike,i also enjoy seeing pictures of your outfit,i always had an interest in knowing more about your operation,and i sure liked the company colors.And i thought the horseshoes were very unique! Glad you're on here to help fill in the blanks! i used to have a picture of one of you families trucks hanging in my toyroom,but it must have gotten lost when we moved,it was an F-Model,beside another one,with a horse walking down the ramp,got it from a calendar from a yard sale...................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

attachicon.gifscan0001.jpgattachicon.gifscan0004.jpgattachicon.gifscan0003.jpgattachicon.gifscan0002.jpg....Some old snapshots of B models in our area.Pictures 1,2,and 4 were of my first boss' truck,a 1961 B-613S. He is in the dump trailer (in t-shirt & Levi's) getting the load off "the hard way" after his driver took a turn too fast! Picture 3 is a brand new Galion dump trailer that was built for John Yazel,Sunrise Cartage of Crystal Lake,Ill.These pictures were loaned to me by Bob Wheelock,who drove the B for Rick Leach in pictures 1 & 2.

A tandem B-Model with big rubber,not many tougher looking trucks ever made! great pictures!..............................................Mark

Ron,i agree with Mike,i also enjoy seeing pictures of your outfit,i always had an interest in knowing more about your operation,and i sure liked the company colors.And i thought the horseshoes were very unique! Glad you're on here to help fill in the blanks! i used to have a picture of one of you families trucks hanging in my toyroom,but it must have gotten lost when we moved,it was an F-Model,beside another one,with a horse walking down the ramp,got it from a calendar from a yard sale...................................Mark

Thanks, Mark

I enjoy being on here and talking with all you guys!

I hope you all don't get tired of my stories, sometimes they weren't that funny when they were happening but they sure do seem funny when you look back on them!

Ron

A guy who works for me (been with me 27 years) said he might have a picture of a brand new U-Model with a Mack V-8 that he had whe he worked for MTS haulin Cement, I hope he finds it, for Vinny's sake!

BULLHUSK

I hope so too Ernie!.......................................Mark