GMC General at abandoned house

JTFormula

Congrats on the "new" truck! 13 speeds easy when you get the hang of it,last 4 trucks i've owned have all been 13's prolly would'nt want anything else,hope to see you and the General at Macungie!.........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

if it's been along time since it's been started,you better have someone that knows Detroits check it over good BEFORE you try and start it.They are notorious for sticking injectors or rack and it will run away on you.Make sure the emergency shut off is working or have a board handy wide enough to block off the air.

• Like 2

if it's been along time since it's been started,you better have someone that knows Detroits check it over good BEFORE you try and start it.They are notorious for sticking injectors or rack and it will run away on you.Make sure the emergency shut off is working or have a board handy wide enough to block off the air.

Thanks for the tip. I have read enough on this site as well as videos to know to make sure to block the air intake if she starts to run away. It was last started in November of 2012. I got a buddy of mine who is a diesel tech coming down to help me with it to check this thing out. When it doubt, I'll have to get it towed back to my shop where I can work on it easier. It only has to go 4 miles away.

Congrats, JT! Don't forget the bumpersticker - "I joined the Mack Trucks forum ... and bought this GMC!" ;o) Seriously, 8V-92 should have plenty of stink, and sound pretty darn cool. My fellow GM motorcoach nuts have a joke that they keep their Detroit engine manuals in plastic bags, since they tend to leak about a teaspoon a month.

Congrats, JT! Don't forget the bumpersticker - "I joined the Mack Trucks forum ... and bought this GMC!"

And don't forget the ball-peen hammer. You know, the one to smash the shit out of your left hand in order to keep your mind off the noise of the mechanical asshole under the hood..........

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Congrats on the purchase JT! I'm sorry I couldn't meet up with you at the swap meet as I was swamped on Sat & Sun.

You'll be happy to know that a certain Macho T/A got a top 60 People's Choice trophy in a very tough field of show cars. :twothumbsup:

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Congrats on the purchase JT! I'm sorry I couldn't meet up with you at the swap meet as I was swamped on Sat & Sun.

You'll be happy to know that a certain Macho T/A got a top 60 People's Choice trophy in a very tough field of show cars. :twothumbsup:

Rich's T/A always does well. That thing is bad ass! I didn't get a chance to really get out on the show field to see the cars. Just selling my crap nd then seeing if I can find some parts for people.

So it's official, the GMC is mine. The cash exchange had been done, a bill of sale signed and this sucker is mine. First big truck I have owned. I was shooting for a Mack but heck, this was too good to pass. The next purchase will be one with a bulldog though.

I am going to grab the 4 batteries and see if there is a chance they will charge. I doubt it but at $130 a piece x4 I have to try. Then Sunday we are going to get it out of there. Then back to my shop for a bath then ill pull the ignition and a door lock and bring it to my locksmith for keys to be made. Hopefully the lady can get the title work done by the end of next month. I need to drive it to Macungie.

Rich's T/A always does well. That thing is bad ass! I didn't get a chance to really get out on the show field to see the cars. Just selling my crap nd then seeing if I can find some parts for people.

So it's official, the GMC is mine. The cash exchange had been done, a bill of sale signed and this sucker is mine. First big truck I have owned. I was shooting for a Mack but heck, this was too good to pass. The next purchase will be one with a bulldog though.

I am going to grab the 4 batteries and see if there is a chance they will charge. I doubt it but at $130 a piece x4 I have to try. Do i need all 4 or will this thing fire up on 2?

Sunday we are going to get it out of there. Ill bring it back to my shop for a bath then ill pull the ignition and a door lock and bring it to my locksmith for keys to be made. Hopefully the lady can get the title work done by the end of next month. I need to drive it to Macungie.

I am going to grab the 4 batteries and see if there is a chance they will charge. I doubt it but at $130 a piece x4 I have to try. Then Sunday we are going to get it out of there. Then back to my shop for a bath then ill pull the ignition and a door lock and bring it to my locksmith for keys to be made. Hopefully the lady can get the title work done by the end of next month. I need to drive it to Macungie.

Does it got 4 12 volt batteries or 4 6 volt batteries?

Matt