GMC General at abandoned house

JTFormula

lots of good stuff there. what do you have for deere. do you ever come out to Alexander steam show., i live next door, my inlaws have the nice 6030 and 8020

I come to steam show every year. as for tractors i have a 40c, 60, and an 80. I brought my 80 to steam show back in the fall and parked with the John deere club. I also pulled in the street truck class on thursday night. (this is one reason why i wanted this General. not that i dont trust my Duramax, but i dont like making a couple passes down the pulling track, then hook up the gooseneck and drag 20,000 pounds home)

Very nice work. I hope you will bring it to Macungie with the tractors on board for all of us to enjoy.

I assume you fixed the priming issue you had so it will keep running. A quick fix i have used to keep reluctant DD's running long enough to prime is to squirt WD-40 into the intake. (don't use the water based stuff!)

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Wheels look good.

What is that behind the General a GNX ?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 2/29/2016 at 10:11 AM, fxfymn said:

Very nice work. I hope you will bring it to Macungie with the tractors on board for all of us to enjoy.

I assume you fixed the priming issue you had so it will keep running. A quick fix i have used to keep reluctant DD's running long enough to prime is to squirt WD-40 into the intake. (don't use the water based stuff!)

I don't know if I can commit to Macungie yet. I want to be able to put quite a few miles on her before i take it that far.  And yea, the priming issue was partially self induced.  I was sucking air from my 5 gallon can due to the pickup tube that i made.  Fires up everytime without issue now.

On 2/29/2016 at 2:41 PM, 41chevy said:

Wheels look good.

What is that behind the General a GNX ?

Good eyes.  its a 87 Monte Carlo SS

21 hours ago, DieselDeere said:

I don't know if I can commit to Macungie yet. I want to be able to put quite a few miles on her before i take it that far.  And yea, the priming issue was partially self induced.  I was sucking air from my 5 gallon can due to the pickup tube that i made.  Fires up everytime without issue now.

Good eyes.  its a 87 Monte Carlo SS

This was mine, an early 1970 # 281 off the line built on the GP chassis, I put it on the showroom floor in 1969 and bought it in 1983 from  original owner.  Factory (454) 402 / 4 speed. Sold it a Mecham last fall.

70monte1_zps569aaf3c.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

18 hours ago, 41chevy said:

This was mine, an early 1970 # 281 of the line built on the GP chassis, I put it on the showroom floor in 1969 and bought it in 1983 from  original owner.  Factory (454) 402 / 4 speed. Sold it a Mecham last fall.

I've always liked that body style. maybe one day ill find one.

I didnt have much time last night, but I was able to get the plastic hung with some help from the wife.  I also picked up some primer on the way home from work yesterday.  I just need to address a few small areas and I should be shooting primer on saturday. 

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

• Like 1

Well.... its all one color again.  I found a few little blemishes that i missed, which I can address in a few days once this primer cures.  Also, my new cab lights were on my back porch waiting for me yesterday afternoon.  

If all goes well, it will be black next weekend.

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/5/2016 at 11:32 AM, 39 Baby Mack said:

I hope so, too many damn LED'S in the world anymore, Thomas Edison must be spinning in his grave!

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But Tesla's HaPPy

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 3/5/2016 at 8:10 AM, tjc transport said:

looks like bulb lights.

On 3/5/2016 at 11:32 AM, 39 Baby Mack said:

I hope so, too many damn LED'S in the world anymore, Thomas Edison must be spinning in his grave!

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes they are bulb.  I was more in search of the housings and lenses.  I am currently undecided as to do LED or not only because my trailer is LED and I would like them to match.  It will really all depend on what i find for Double Faced lights for the fenders.  I think i might compromise with regular lenses, and then put LED bulbs in the original sockets.  That way the lights look original during the day, and less like some Fast and Furious tail lights.  I'm still looking though.