GMC General at abandoned house

JTFormula

$1200 is not bad, I pay $400 just for the privilege of having my truck on the road for a year, plus insurance.

$1,200 is just registration if I go the full 80,000lbs. If i go 50,000lbs its $757.00. Plus $8,000-10,000 for insurance. Then you have associated fees for DOT/MC# etc.

I suspect a bad sensor but haven't been able to narrow it down. I have a jumper lead direct from the battery to the shut down right down so she'll run. I kinda held off doing much to it until I had the title. Now it's game on! I am hoping to get her roadworthy for the Diesel Truckin Nats at ETown then show up at Gerhart's with it. I only have a few weeks before ETown so I have to get cracking.

Now it's game on! I am hoping to get her roadworthy for the Diesel Truckin Nats at ETown then show up at Gerhart's with it. I only have a few weeks before ETown so I have to get cracking.

Bring that bad boy!! I want to see it in person and have a good look see. I'm a big General fan from way back in the day cutting my teeth in a 6V-92 dump truck with spokes and big rubber.

I haven't decided yet if I want to work at the event (Track Official) or just walk around with my 12 YO son and go for pleasure. It's one of my favorite events of the year.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. Tuesday I bring the General to Dynamic Diesel for them to go over everything. My clutch brake is still not adjusted right, the Kysor is still shutting her down immediately and now I have a major air leak in the dash. Plus they are going to lube everything up for me and do a once over to make sure it's going to be road worthy. Should have it back by the weekend then I can get the frame and wheels painted and ill be good for ETown Diesel Trucking Nationals and Gerharts.

I just haven't had a whole lot of time to work on the mechanicals, especially the Kysor issue. It has perplexed me for sometime and its just easier to let a professional fix it and I get it back quickly instead of me staring at it with the hood open clueless and waste more time.

A man has got to know his limitations.

Quick update. Tuesday I bring the General to Dynamic Diesel for them to go over everything. My clutch brake is still not adjusted right, the Kysor is still shutting her down immediately and now I have a major air leak in the dash. Plus they are going to lube everything up for me and do a once over to make sure it's going to be road worthy. Should have it back by the weekend then I can get the frame and wheels painted and ill be good for ETown Diesel Trucking Nationals and Gerharts.

I just haven't had a whole lot of time to work on the mechanicals, especially the Kysor issue. It has perplexed me for sometime and its just easier to let a professional fix it and I get it back quickly instead of me staring at it with the hood open clueless and waste more time.

A man has got to know his limitations.

Cool I'll stop in and say hi at Englishtown.

Quick update. The General was dropped off to my diesel guy last night to get some issues taken care of. Got a GoPro video of the drive. It's a bit bouncy because the lock thing on the suction cup popped open and it was loose. I'll edit the 18 minutes down to about 5 minutes and pop it on you tube over the weekend.