Misc Trucks

BKrois

we have a Ford just like that at work 74 F750 except it has a 390 with a 5 speed clark. tops out about 45 mph and gets about negative 2 miles per gallon haha. except you can put a 9 ton trailer behind it, with a load of item 4 in the box and a 450 John Deere on the trailer and it will pull it up a hill sideways

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Don't recall ever hearing the White 3000 called a "Fishbowl" usually that refers to the familiar GM bus,that was EVERYWHERE for years and years,kinda like the VW beetle!..............................Mark

post-5836-0-91986000-1364062954_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

There was a guy in South Jersey who ran a Diamond Reo/dump trailer combination for years after they quit making them,this truck was SPOTLESS! He was featured in Overdrive Magazine,because he was so well known to all the dump truck guys,he washed this thing EVERY night,wore a white shirt and tie to work! (really) i believe he was awarded a new at the time International conventional,for being voted "trucker of the decade",or something like that. I saw the truck and trailer a few times,wish i had gotten pictures,really a class operation!.....................................Mark

I have a pic. He has an International now. I will post soon. He had green florescent lighting under the cab and sleeper.

Rob,the guy i was talking about? the Diamond Reo was a dark metallic green i think,with a super shiny EAST? dump..........only thing i can remember was he was "Mickey Mouse" on the cb!............................Mark