Misc Trucks

BKrois

Deutz is a huge powerplant supplier for construction, agricultural and gen sets worldwide.

In China, their 1013 and 2012 series 2-valve engines have been solid performers in the medium and baby 8 truck segment.

The 7.2-liter Volvo D7 was actually a Deutz 4-valve 2013 series engine. The truck engine contract ended in 2010 when Volvo decided to begin using Nissan Diesel engines (Volvo purchased Nissan Diesel in 2007). But Deutz will continue to supply Volvo construction equipment with 4- and 6-cylinder water-cooled engines under contract thru 2030.

The 2015 series V-8s are indeed quite impressive. You'll find them all around the world including in marine applications.

http://www.deutz.de/html/default/home.en.html;jsessionid=5DC7CEE455C6441888E93865EAC75994

post-6650-0-15369900-1372292164_thumb.jppost-6650-0-17794200-1372292212_thumb.jpHi; I'm the owner of the Diamond Reo log truck. Osterland made in Harrisburg, PA. They started using the Deutz engines in 1985 dont know when last ones where built? Mines made in 11/1986 I'm the second owner it was a block truck before. 3 year ago had right hand cyls. off, #3 was seizing. Some companies put Cummins L-10 in to replace the Deutz. The original selling point was no coolant problems and 10% better fuel mileage. I get about 6 mpg on the road. And never a antifreeze leak! But at 315 hp an 863 ft.pound of torque with a 8 spd and 6.17 rears it's not a go getter!

post-6650-0-25235200-1372292192_thumb.jp

• Like 1

The rings and some other parts are no longer made by Deutz, but another aftermarket company makes them in Germany. Theres a company in Texas called Memo that handle all after market Deutz parts. And Deutz in Colonge Germany uses these after market part to stock there orders for 513 engines. Cost me about $600 for new jug and piston and rings from Texas.Reringed the other 3 cyl.

• Like 1

We have several 2 to 4 sylinder ari cooled Deutz engines running in railroad machinery at CSX, they are reliable engines but the smaller ones are cheap enough when one goes donw you just swap the whole engine out and go for another couple years or more, I found a spike puller with a Deutz last year that had over 6000hrs on the meter and was still going dont know how long itll last but thats longer than our 4B Cummins engines last till they have to get pumps rebuilt most of the time. Of course now we are going to electronic Deere power for our equipment and so far its a 50/50 thing some are crap and some run great but most are under powered compared to the older emchanical engines, they are replacing 6V71 detroits and 5.9/6.7L Cummins with a 6.8 liter Powertech Deere and its not turning out real great so far they are way underpowered for our applications, most run two or more large hyraulic pumps and when you load the hydraulics they pull the engines way down quick.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The rings and some other parts are no longer made by Deutz, but another aftermarket company makes them in Germany. Theres a company in Texas called Memo that handle all after market Deutz parts. And Deutz in Colonge Germany uses these after market part to stock there orders for 513 engines. Cost me about $600 for new jug and piston and rings from Texas.Reringed the other 3 cyl.

There a place in South Jersey called Engine Distributors that is a big Deutz parts place. I got parts for my Deutz in my skid steer there.

Cheers, Rob

• 1 month later...